Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Grooming Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2010, 04:36 PM
VP Dogs

Unhappy Really upset!bad grooming experience with aggressive dog has knocked my confidence :(

Hi all
I am a new groomer and i just had the worst evening trying to groom a border collie male he was a rescue dog and i said i would groom him as a favor to my sisters friend, when i went to pick him up he growled at me at the door, then he seemed ok and well behaved on the journey, but when i got him on the grooming table he was matted and he kept snapping when i used the mat breaker on him (even v gently) so i decided to muzzle him, then when i got all the mats out i tried to put him in the bath and he would not go in, even using 2 people to lift him in the proper way he then turned and heat-butted me (basically was trying to bite my face but couldnt because of the muzzle) in the end i just had to take him home to his owner un-groomed, becuase i couldnt get him in the bath without him trying to bite me (and he is big and strong so not a dog i could really struggle with!), but now i feel really bad and it has really knocked my confidence in grooming - did i do the right thing in taking him back?