Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-24-2010, 10:17 PM
Just try me..

Ack this is so horrible.

Mark got bit up pretty badly trying to catch a loose JRT at a trial. The dog was scared. It bit and bit pretty seriously. The dog bite was reported at the hospital, but it gets reported to health services and they just want to ensure rabies is up to date. If it is and no one is upset thats the end of it.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:20 AM
Arbitrary and Capricious

More on the case, including statements by the participants:

YesBiscuit!: Press Releases in the Spork Case

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 02-25-2010, 10:12 AM
Twin 2.0

Maybe we should be glad it was Spork and not a bigger dog, because it sounds like this idiot of a vet tech would be one of those screaming for a breed ban from the rooftops.

Seriously dude...you work with animals in a stressful situation, there is a risk that you will get bitten at some point. I worked in a busy boarding resort. I was very good at handling the stressed out animals without getting bitten, but even still, I knew there was a chance. I was bitten a couple of times by some smaller dogs, but never to an extent of needing more than a cleaning and bandage with some neosporin, mostly because I was aware of what was going on and usually got mostly out of range when they struck.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:13 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grab View Post
I think the city is using a local law that can go beyond state law..or something like that
Lafayette prosecuting Spork, Dachshund that bit vet tech - Boulder Daily Camera

My guess is that, originally at least, the doctor's office notified animal control. I think the same happens here. But then it does sound, if it is written correctly, as if the tech herself pressed charges beyond that..which seems silly.
I've been bitten before, it's just part of the job.
if state law specifically exempts vet offices then the city has to go pound sand, they can't legally make & enforce a law contrary to state law. if they do, the victims of the illegal law could win big in a civil suit in state court.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:07 PM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops2 View Post
if state law specifically exempts vet offices then the city has to go pound sand, they can't legally make & enforce a law contrary to state law. if they do, the victims of the illegal law could win big in a civil suit in state court.
That can depend on the state home-rule provisions, unfortunately.

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 02-25-2010, 12:51 PM
Felurian

Well, the long and short of it (sorry, couldn't resist the Doxie ref ) is that I call bullshit.

Vet tech is incompetent, veterinary clinic deserves to go under. Spork's people need to find him a veterinary office with a modicum of sense and a firm sense of ethics.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian