Markiesje

BleuButterfly

Papillon Fancier
I was just looking through my copy of Dogs by Desmond Morris and found this little breed. Very interesting looking. They have Papillon and Phalene blood in them! :D They have a breed club over in Holland I think, and are now reconized by the FCI. I have been wondering if there were any other toy spaniel breeds like the pap and Cavalier.

Welkom

Does anyone know anything about them?

bubbatd

Sounds like a lovely breed . I love to see dogs that were in old master's paintings .

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Grammy, papillons were in all the old paintings too. I must say I've never heard of this breed but I LOVE the look.

LilahRoot

Wow, I think I'm in love! I really like the look of them too! I like the all black. It looks like they are a bit bigger than paps though, which I like as well.

Thanks for posting this, these guys are really interesting!

Artfish

Drivey and Intense
I am totally, head over heels in love with this breed. I wonder how much of my soul I need to sell to convince a breeder to let me have a rare puppy? :)

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I know, I want one! I love a lot of the uncommon sporting breeds. I want one of these and a kooikerhondje too.

~Tucker&Me~

What intriguing little dogs - I wonder how their temperment compares to that of the papillon?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
What intriguing little dogs - I wonder how their temperment compares to that of the papillon?
This is what I was told by my friend:

They are active and very intelligent dogs. Also described as big dogs in a small body. They love the company of people and allot of them have a will to please. They need something to do, which can be a dogsport or just long walks, but just sitting at home all day is not a good idea when owning a markiesje
They sound pretty much identical to papillons based on that.

misfitz

Ruddy Buttinski
Ooh, what gorgeous little dogs! I know where to get a "knockoff" version of these... :) There's a shelter here that is always overflowing with these types of dogs - not purebred rare breeds, obviously, but various little spaniel mixes that look very similar. Sienna came from that shelter, and I always see them at adoption fairs with the most adorable little spaniel cross & pom cross type dogs. I call it the "Carson special."

These are adorable, though...definitely going on the wishlist! Right next to Belgian Groenendaels....and tame Russian foxes. :D

Members online