Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 02-02-2009, 03:20 AM
Top Dog

Wow, that is one of the most beautiful dogs I've ever seen. Gorgeous white coat and I love the ears.

The personality sounds border-collie-ish. Maybe also some german shepherd and husky? Huskies love to dig . . .
Old 02-02-2009, 05:46 AM
Big Dog

he may be shepard and husky mix or husky and lab mix he is cute
Old 02-17-2010, 12:45 AM
Active Pup

Hi everyone!

It's been about a year since I first posted here. I still don't know what kind of mix my dog is, but he's still very cute! He's full-grown now at 50 pounds and he's much more mellow now than he was a year ago! Last year I was especially curious about his spots, which started showing up last January when he was about six months old. He got more and more spots during the spring and they got darker and darker. Last April he looked like this:

But then during the summer, his spots started fading again. And by September he was pure white again, except for his ears and face! Here he is in December... all white!

Over the last month or so, the spots are very faintly starting to show up again. Anyway, would these spots still be considered ticking even though they come and go? Are there any dog breeds that have seasonal spots? Maybe this will help narrow down what sort of dog he might be.

Last edited by laurae; 02-17-2010 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Edited to fix photos...
Old 02-18-2010, 08:12 AM
ACoops favorite

I would say you've probably got a pointer/spitz mix. He may have some samoyed in him- just due to that dense undercoat he has, plus that tail.

I think the reason you see his spots disapear is that his body is gearing up for a cold season, so his undercoat is becoming thicker and more profuse.

In the summer/spring he's probably blowing coat (when all of that undercoat comes out) and then you can see the spots due to the thinner coat.