Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Buried Bones

Old 02-17-2010, 11:17 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Nope, I haven't. I've been trying to stay away from snackie foods like crackers because if I get them they tend to disappear on me

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:51 AM
<(<) <()> (>)>

Quote:
Originally Posted by MafiaPrincess View Post
Any chazzer happen to be vegetarian? I'm thinking about dropping meat out of my diet and looking for some meat free tasty tips..
I am =) You can do lots of things without meat! I do eat fish on occasion though One of my favorit things is Potatoes with a herb quark sauce. (Quark is kinda like greek yohgurt, but its not. lol. You can get it at whole foods.) Soups are also awsome! (My favs. are Minestrone, Potatoe, and mushroom) Risotto is good any day, Lasange! I LOVE lasange. Without meat though If ou need a recipe, I can send you one. I have so many more recipes ^^

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:51 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Egg Beaters.

I was thinking about buying these instead of regular eggs but I'm not sure if they taste good or like plastic, lol.
Anybody use them?

Old 02-19-2010, 05:12 PM
Top Dog

Egg beaters are great!!! I really can't notice the difference in taste or texture when I make scrambled eggs and stuff.

My problem with eating healthy is I LOVE cheese. But I found ways around that... fat free Kraft singles? Sounded scary to me at first, but it melts GREAT and it tastes the same to me as regular kraft american cheese. Also, Laughing Cow brand makes an awesome light cheese. It's reallly delicious and it's a great spread in place of cream cheese (because fat free cream cheese is gross.) I DON'T like fat free shredded cheese, but reduced fat Sargento shredded cheese is yummy.

As for not eating meat, a lot of the meatless "meat" products these days are REALLY good. Boca and Morningstar both make some really taste meat replacements. I made tacos last week using Morningstar meatless soy crumbles (it's like ground beef) and they were tasty... it tasted just like taco bell (which I like) at a FRACTION of the fat and calories. I'm not a vegetarian by any means but I will substitute this fake stuff for certain things just to make it healthier and most of the time it has tasted good and best of all it tastes FATTENING but it's not.

I think in every one of these healthy eating threads so far I've recommended hungry-girl.com but I'm just gonna recommend it one more time because it is so awesome. I've learned lots of great things that allow me to eat healthy AND feel full and satisfied that I've eaten something REALLY delicious. Hungry Girl

Old 02-20-2010, 12:37 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Thanks! I ended up not getting them last night because I was being rushed but I am going to pick some up next time I am out.

I also looked for the Boca soy crumbles (they were already on my list as they came in a HungryGirl email ) but couldn't find them either. I don't know if I'll pick those up specifically, but I want to get some regular boca burgers to have for when I only have a few minutes to heat something up for dinner.

Have you tried the tofu pasta substitute that HungryGirl raves about?

Old 02-20-2010, 01:19 PM
aka RedHotBabe

Not sure my eating is considered healthy, but I have at least been trying to eat healthier than I was. I'm a huge snacker, so I stopped getting cookies and chips, and have things like baby carrots and red grapes sitting around instead. I do still have yummy chocolate things, though. Chocolate rice snacks and these little organic chocolate bunny cookies. I don't have the box with me, but it's like 120 calories for 30 of them. And the rice snacks are only 60 calories for 8 of them. Still snacks, but a lot better than I was munching on.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:31 PM
Top Dog

omg I did try the tofu pasta. Here's my take on it...

I made the fettucine "girlfredo" hehe.. and it was grosss. the noodles had the texture of worms! But I had already bought a few other different varieties of the noodles, so I decided to try again. I found where she had posted some tips and tricks to make it not disgusting. Last night I made lo mein with it and it was AMAZING. The texture was MUCH better this time. The trick is to rinse VERY well, and then dry VERY VERY well. I threw mine in a hot pan for several minutes until it was completely sapped of all moisture. Then I made the stir fry stuff, threw in the noodles, and it was amazingly good and VERY filling and did I mention delicious? I probably won't use the fettucine shaped noodles again because they're too thick.

Old 02-20-2010, 05:04 PM
Top Dog

PW, when you get your egg beaters, you HAVE to try this... it is SOOO yummy. It's from one of the HG cookbooks.

Preheat oven to 375. Cook up 2 cups of spinach and a slice of turkey bacon. Spread spinach in the bottom of a small, round baking dish (5-6 inches wide). Break up a wedge of Laughing Cow Light cheese into the spinach. Break up the bacon over it. Pour 1/2 egg beaters over it and top with a slice of fat free american cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes, season with salt and pepper, and eat! Serves 1! It tastes soooo fattening.... but it only has 159 calories and 2.5g of fat!

Old 02-21-2010, 09:16 AM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcladymacbeth View Post
As for not eating meat, a lot of the meatless "meat" products these days are REALLY good. Boca and Morningstar both make some really taste meat replacements.
This x1000. I prefer Morningstar burgers to regular ones.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:50 AM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipsyQueen View Post
I am =) You can do lots of things without meat! I do eat fish on occasion though One of my favorit things is Potatoes with a herb quark sauce. (Quark is kinda like greek yohgurt, but its not. lol. You can get it at whole foods.) Soups are also awsome! (My favs. are Minestrone, Potatoe, and mushroom) Risotto is good any day, Lasange! I LOVE lasange. Without meat though If ou need a recipe, I can send you one. I have so many more recipes ^^
Sadly I am Canadian and don't have Whole Foods.. But, I will look at the bigger grocery stores and see what I can see. Thank you

I am still eating some fish and shrimp, but I've given up everything else meat. It's been a week, and my Mom is still pissy as all hell with me.

I have a huge list from the back of Skinny Bitch that is suggestions for meatless (and often dairy free but I'm not going that far) brands that they like. They say there is enough meat free stuff out there that is gross. I haven't been able to go grocery shopping yet to see what I can find to try, but it's nice to see that even non vegetarian people like the meatless stuff. Few people at work suggested a few restaurants in town to try out veggie burgers at and I'm kind of excited.

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground