Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 02-17-2010, 02:49 PM
Sport Model Pug

A very fail vet said to me once "I think your dogs aren't pure pug, they're not fat enough".

*facepalm*

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 02-17-2010, 02:56 PM
Top Dog

I adopted Ollie as a Golden/Poodle mix . When I vetted I asked them change to Golden mix . I refused to call him a Goldendoogle , plus I don't think that there's an ounce of Poodle in him . I think the rescue added the Poodle because he is curly and the mix is popular . I wish I knew his history !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 02-17-2010, 03:17 PM
Top Dog

I do love my vet, but sometimes some of the assistants are a little less than bright. That's ok though, because they aren't the ones treating my crew. Hutch has Saint Bernard cross listed as his breed because one of the assistants didn't believe that Saints came in both smooth and rough coats. I hardly expect my vet to know every little detail about all of the breeds, and that is what I really like about her, if she has to research she won't BS. What really bothers me are the assistants who act like they know everything about all of the different breeds when they are clearly grasping at straws when it comes to details.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:55 PM
I'm All Ears

Old thread but I had lol at Foxy's post. Foxy I think that vet has moved here. About half the people I meet with longhaired chis around town have been told by vets their dogs aren't chis, they're papillons. I want to go find that vet and educate him lol.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:00 PM
Yorkie Love

Thankfully I have never met a vet who couldnt ID a yorkie... that would seriously scare me.

Although I did have a vet ask me AFTER I explained about Chloe's liver problem, when I planned on breeding her simply because she was 9 months old and not spayed yet. That was a bit scary.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:41 PM
BusterLove

We had one vet we took Mac to when she was about 6 months old. He commented on what a nice Dobe puppy she was.... ahhh okay.