Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-16-2010, 05:24 PM
Top Dog

I have one and I LOVE it, it's so convenient to travel with. They can be quite pricy, though, so if you don't know if your dog will tear it up you might want to search around for a sale. Ebay is probably a good place to start looking.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:27 PM
Collies&Terriers, Oh My!

I love them and use them for my dogs. They respect the boundary it provides, but if they NEEDED to get out, they could.

~Smooth Collies~

URO1 CH "Smidgen" RA,WW-RN,CGC,TT,HIC,VC (2/3 CA)
URO2 CH "Dora" RN,CGC,TT,HIC,VC (2/3 CA)

~American Hairless Terriers (coated)~
UFR USR GRCH 'PR' "OE" TT (UKC Total Dog Award winner)
UFR USR GRCH 'PR' "Spud" TT (UKC Total Dog Award winner)
Old 02-16-2010, 06:08 PM
treehugging clicker freak

I've been wanting one strictly for transport and other dog events purposes. I have a cheap walmart one, Maddie can go in it no problem, but most other dogs roll it way too easy and/or get out.

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 02-16-2010, 08:14 PM
Active Pup

We tried one for our dog. She had anxiety attacks in it, peed in it every time, chewed on it, and kept pawing at the mesh sides. We were afraid she was going to rip a nail out of her paw. We bought a plastic crate with vents and a metal door, and she immediately walked into that crate and fell asleep. No idea why she had such a bad reaction to the other crate. She walked into the soft-sided kennel freely, but after we closed the door, that's when she freaked out.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:29 PM
Top Dog

dont' go cheap. I bought a cheapy one and three of the five zippers broke immediately.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:53 PM
Top Dog

I have a soft sided crate for agility trials and I have never had a problem but having said that I only use it for Petie. I have other dogs here, there is no way I would trust them not to rip it open or Hailey to not un-rip it. (the brat will un rip my purse or my training bag/s to check for rewards lol).
They are the absolute best for transporting and moving them in and out for trials, light and easy to carry.
However, one down fall to some of them is poor ventilation during the summer. When it is really hot I don't use it at trials but will lug my wire crates and/or x-pens miles if I have too.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:20 AM
Top Dog

I adore my soft crate. Meg isn't one to every challenge the barrier, so it is holding up perfectly for us. I have certainly seen dogs get out of them.

I wouldn't go cheap either. I have the Noz-2-Noz, and it is fantastic. Sturdy enough that I can throw my training bag or coat on top of it, and sets up very easily.