Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 01-27-2010, 10:27 PM
Yeah. So?

No problem!
Old 01-28-2010, 08:09 AM
Love my pets

A boxer lives next to me who is friendly and has lots of energy. He wants to run, play (box some) but if I said "sit", he sits and stops acting so crazy. He's a very good listener. Because of him, I love the breed!
Old 02-16-2010, 10:16 PM
Top Dog

I have seen so many Boxers die young, I don't know if I could bring myself to get one. My one friend alone has had 3 die before the age of seven. One had cancer, the other died of heart trouble, and the first one died from a blood clot in the artery that supplied blood to his intestines. Another one I knew died of heart trouble at 8 years, and another one went sour at 3 with some sort of esophagus issue and after a bunch of surgeries, still had to be put down.

I did meet a white Boxer Sunday, it was 2 years old and wasn't deaf, and the owner said it was very healthy, so far. He was a very nice dog, but he was too hyper for King's taste these days. What a difference time makes. When he was less then 9, he made that Boxer look like he was sedated.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:49 AM
F150 and a .30-06

Health testing is #1. Boxers are not a healthy breed. Meaning they can have alot of problems.

Look for titles.

Also, please correct me if Im wrong. Stay far away from a breed who breeds whites. I have been told even good breeders will have the occasional one pop up in a litter, but they are spayed and are PETS.

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show