Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-10-2005, 01:26 AM
Top Dog

Default Communicating with your dog.

I tried to immiate Toki whining and he talks about after I do it. I wonder if his saying "What Da hell are you talking about" or "Your so retarded and you make no sense" hehehe
Old 01-10-2005, 01:28 AM
Island dweller

I do that with my cat. I'm better at making cat noises. She always talks back. I don't know what we're talking about!
Old 01-10-2005, 09:28 AM
Felurian

You should hear the noises around my house! So far I've learned to bawl at the calves and cows so that they will answer (I hope no one ever hears that!), Kharma and I make Kharma noises (which are indescribable) at each other, and Shiva and I talk "Wookie-talk."

My Gonzo taught me a whole cat vocabulary, complete with "prrrtts," chirps and clicks. Gonzo was a good teacher; I think I have a pretty general idea of what each sound communicates. The clicks are excitement, the chirps are pleasant calls for attention, and the "prrrts" are cajoling. I think I only heard him give the battle cry on a couple of occasions - the big guy was definitely a (neutered) lover, not a fighter (nothing really wanted to tackle the Sabre Toothed Kitty). lol

I'm not exactly sure what Shiva and I talk about, but the Wookie-talk seems to be an expression of frustration. She'll talk back and forth with me until Charley looks at us like we've totally lost our minds or she decides I've given her enough vocal sympathy and she comes over for a big hug.

I think Kharma's strange, operatic vocalizations are pure Shakespeare. She's always being dramatic about something or other.

Bimmer does the wolf vocalizations and really gets into it when I'll join in. If we're outside and the other dogs around start barking, that stops them really quickly! The girls even stop what they're doing and run to him.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-11-2005, 03:57 PM
Show Dog

When Blondie gets on a couch and starts calling me with his front paws to play with him, and I start rubbing his furry chest (the sweetest thing on earth) he starts making these whining sounds and I imitate him and we could go for hours, amusing everybody in the house! He can imitate some sounds, vocal sounds sometimes. When he's yawning he'll make vocal sounds sometimes when he's feeling sweet, and then there's a yawning audible on Yahoo Messenger he can totally imitate if he's in the mood
Old 01-12-2005, 09:34 AM

Dave will make dog noises (ok...this is funny cause he was the guy that acted like he didn't want dogs) and Addie just looks at him with distain. Ham, however, cocks his head back and forth..so very interested. I always say to Dave..."be careful cause you don't know what you are saying"...LOL

and I do wonder what the boys find so interesting.....maybe the 'man' grunt is universal in all species (I say that lovingly guys!)
Old 01-12-2005, 09:40 AM
Felurian

ROFL! I think you're on to something - cracking the Universal Male Language!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian