Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Photography

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2010, 10:08 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amstaffer View Post
I haven't seen much corruption but I have seen a lot of State and Federal laws that handcuff school officials from keeping a safe and orderly environment for learning. Laws that were meant to protect cognitively impair students are now being used to protect gang bangers and thugs from suspension.....no matter the offense. Of course that is another thread for another time.
OK... well if that is not corruption then I guess I used the wrong word.

the system is not working for the teachers or the students.

Too many students to one teacher, limiting teachers to what they think "needs to be taught" especially in history... the side they want to be told and YES that does happen.

Higher school taxes for citizens but no new supplies and YES that is happening here right now... our school taxes went up and the reason? a NEW football stadium. sports more important than learning and grades.

so yeah ok corruption was the wrong word but it is so DYSFUNCTIONAL and just getting WORSE that I don't see how any student or teacher can survive it unscathed and without being completely jaded.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney