Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-21-2010, 07:57 PM
orange iguanas.

Default I don't know who to kill. My mom or the dog.

So I go to work tonight and my mom left a little after I did, so she crated Juno. Which she does on a nearly daily basis. I get home from work, go to my room to let Juno out and surprise! She's not crated.

First thing I notice is the rat cage pulled halfway across the room, the towel that I line the bottom with was pulled out (I don't even want to know how), wheel was knocked over, food bowl knocked over and food scattered everywhere, water bottle on the ground completely empty. The only thing right about this scene is that the rats were still in the cage and alive! I feel awful though, I don't know WHAT Juno did to the cage but it probably scared the crap out of those poor rats.

Everything was knocked off my dresser. One of my stuffed animals was turned into a chew toy.

And then I notice my algebra book. The algebra book that I was going to sell back to my school in 4 days. Front cover ripped off and shredded, corners chewed on. This algebra book was sitting on top of an unimportant book and a stack of papers... and she decides to destroy the thing that I was going to make money off of!

My mom obviously just didn't shut the door right. Juno has mostly been forgiven--she's curled up in my lap at the moment --and I guess this just let's us know that she is a looooong way off being allowed any freedom when we're gone. Next time people tell me crating is cruel and ask why I do it, THIS is why!

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 01-21-2010, 08:24 PM
Gigi Monster & Evil Puppy

Juno had a fabulous time.

In your mother's defense . . . I've woken in the middle of the night to see a strange doggy shape on the floor . . . instead of the crate. I could have sworn I had locked it properly, but nope. And I've done it more than once!! Fortunately the puppies were just so happy to roam around that they didn't start to chewing before I woke and found them.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:27 PM
Top Dog

Ugh, isn't that the truth? They ALWAYS know the most important thing to chew.

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 01-21-2010, 08:47 PM
Water Junkie

They do go for the expensive stuff, don't they? Blaze has chewed up my retainer twice. Ugh.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 01-21-2010, 08:53 PM
<--------Orson

Well I'm glad the ratties are ok, and I'm glad Juno is forgiven (mostly, LOL)

*so glad those days are gone!*

I remember when Orson was a wild teen.........he ate the family room couch. This was WHILE I WAS HOME AND IN THE NEXT ROOM........it happened in 20 minutes FLAT! It looked like a blizzard of cotton and foam in there.......he had a grand time! Seriously, I thought he was getting 'close' to freedom and then POOF.........up in smoke that quick, LOL
Old 01-21-2010, 09:30 PM
orange iguanas.

It's almost amazing that nothing else got ruined. There is soooo much she could have gotten into, and she had 1.5 hours to do it in (assuming she realized fairly quickly that she could escape the crate). There's chocolate on my computer desk she easily could have grabbed!
I was in a good mood too, I was gonna take her for a walk when I got home.... nope! After cleaning everything up I knew I wouldn't have the patience to put up with her on a walk lol.

As long as she never does this again, I can forgive her haha. And I bet my mom triple checks the door every time from now on.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013