Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Rescue Forum

Old 01-14-2010, 07:52 PM
Active Pup

Exclamation Been at the shelter for TWO years!

Breed:Terrier, American Staffordshire/Mix

Sex/neuter/spay: male/neutered

Comments: Boomer came in nearly TWO years ago after being found wandering the roads. Hes a great dog that needs a loving family to call his own. Ive worked with boomer on walking and socialization at the shelter since september of '09, hes coming a long quite well and will now start basics training today. Boomer gets along well with most dogs, may have some issues with cats, I'm not sure. Its hard to meet every training need in a shelter environment but we try the best we can. I will work with anyone to get this boy a great home!

Blue Ribbons Training
Alpena, MI

(530)615-9377(direct to me) or the shelter (989) 356-4794

Sex/neuter/spay: Female/Spayed

Comments: Baby came in back in january of '09 as a stray. She had puppies that were quickly found homes but poor miss Baby never did find one! Shes a great dog, very active and young, needs a dedicated home that will love her. According to the shelter she does not get along well with cats. She has been worked on with leash training and will start her basics today. She loves to be loved on and would love a home that had another dog for her to play with! She has been at the shelter for WAY to long. I will work with anyone to get this girl the home she deserves.

Blue Ribbons Training
Alpena, MI

(530)615-9377(direct to me) or the shelter (989) 356-4794

Old 01-18-2010, 04:52 PM
Top Dog

they are both adorable!! I'll have to show this to my bf...he is from Alpena (not living there now though), so maybe he knows someoone who wants a dog!

Thanks Jessie!

Old 01-18-2010, 05:16 PM
Top Dog

Two years in a shelter environment has got to be tough on a dog. I kind of question why they didn't start working with him 2 years ago, instead of 5 months ago.

He is adorable though. There's a guy that come into the clinc that has a dog that looks just like him.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:45 PM
Top Dog

How sad !!!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 01-21-2010, 02:19 PM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
Two years in a shelter environment has got to be tough on a dog. I kind of question why they didn't start working with him 2 years ago, instead of 5 months ago.

He is adorable though. There's a guy that come into the clinc that has a dog that looks just like him.
Unfortunately I just moved into the area five months ago, and I started volunteering at the shelter then. I too kind of question why he wasn't being trained, or put him in a foster home. If I my apartment allowed dogs I would have adopted him, unfortunately they don't. Baby and boomer are both really spectacular dogs. You can see video of them at Blue Ribbons Blog.

Both dogs will need owners with some prior experience with dogs, I'm not saying they have to be the dog whisperer or anything, but some experience would be nice. I'll mention again that I will work with anyone who adopts them, you will just have to send me a message because I do not deal directly with the adoption process.

Yes two years has been hard on boomer, but to look at him you would never know. He doesnt seem to have the issues I would associate with it. His only flaw seems to be his lack of training. He doesn't seem to retain much, but who could with 29 other barking dogs around all the time.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:10 AM
Big Dog

Wish I was in a position to take Boomer in... something about that dog makes me want to drive down there and grab him.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:55 PM
Active Pup

BOOMER GOT ADOPTED!! now were just working on baby
Old 03-18-2010, 10:58 PM
Top Dog

Yay Boomer! Best of luck for his new family.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:19 PM
Top Dog

Woo hoo!
Old 04-08-2010, 08:26 AM
Active Pup

Hope baby will find a loving home soon. At PAWS here in my country a dog named Jasmine stayed in the shelter for 3 years and 5 months when a frequent volunteer in the shelter adopted her and now living happily in a farm with her new family.

Visit my site http://dogs-corner.blogspot.com about dogs health such as ringworm in dogs.