Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 01-15-2010, 02:53 AM
Top Dog

Default PAL/ILP pics...thoughts?

I have settled on the pics to send in for AKC and UKC registration for my boy. We're planning on competing in Rally at the big Sunflower Cluster show here in April (big 4 day indoor show...I'll also be a vendor, hopefully), but I'd like to get one practice run in at a smaller trial, since neither of us has ever competed before.

AKC:

Profile - he was all stacked nicely, and then he got irritated and turned his head, but it's still the best profile I have of him

Front

UKC:

Profile (same as AKC)

Head

So, what do you think? Think both will say boxer? I LOVE that headshot. He was staring at a cat
Old 01-15-2010, 06:51 AM
Crazy Dog!

I didn't know if it mattered anymore with AKC since they accept mixed breeds.

Under the "Why do you think your dogs is the breed you are claiming it is" section, put as much info as you can. Basically stuff like, you got him from a boxer rescue, or boxer breeders have confirmed that he looks like a boxer etc. The only dog I ever ILP'd was a golden retriever, and he had papers we just lost them. So I put that on the application and was approved no problem.

Looks like a boxer to me!
Old 01-15-2010, 07:49 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlineACDs View Post
I didn't know if it mattered anymore with AKC since they accept mixed breeds...
and UKC has been accepting mixes for years. The one advantage to ILPing him, tho, is mixed breeds will only be able show in stand alone events in the AKC (not at conformation shows that also offer obedience).
Old 01-15-2010, 01:07 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
The one advantage to ILPing him, tho, is mixed breeds will only be able show in stand alone events in the AKC (not at conformation shows that also offer obedience).
That is exactly why. My goal is the Sunflower cluster, and if he doesn't get his ILP, he can't be entered. I do like the way UKC does mixed breeds much better than how AKC does, but unfortunately there's more AKC shows than UKC around here.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:37 PM
Collies&Terriers, Oh My!

If you can, I'd try to get a full profile view on the side view pic.

~Smooth Collies~

URO1 CH "Smidgen" RA,WW-RN,CGC,TT,HIC,VC (2/3 CA)
URO2 CH "Dora" RN,CGC,TT,HIC,VC (2/3 CA)

~American Hairless Terriers (coated)~
UFR USR GRCH 'PR' "OE" TT (UKC Total Dog Award winner)
UFR USR GRCH 'PR' "Spud" TT (UKC Total Dog Award winner)
Old 01-15-2010, 06:00 PM
Top Dog

Sure, I'd say boxer.

I had a friend who had a dog that was 1/2 pomeranian and 1/2 something else (poodle maybe?)... she knew for sure that the dog was 1/2 and 1/2 (puppy mill puppy or something), but she applied for the ILP as a pom. And she got it. That gave me the impression that they're not TOO terribly picky.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:25 PM
Professional Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybeth727 View Post
Sure, I'd say boxer.

I had a friend who had a dog that was 1/2 pomeranian and 1/2 something else (poodle maybe?)... she knew for sure that the dog was 1/2 and 1/2 (puppy mill puppy or something), but she applied for the ILP as a pom. And she got it. That gave me the impression that they're not TOO terribly picky.

I think it depends on who is opening the envelopes that day. I've seen dogs that look quite clearly purebred denied, and I've seen some approved that I'd never in a million years thought possible. I'm sure that they have more than one person on staff that handles them.