Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-05-2010, 01:15 AM
Sport Model Pug

DBI on Chihuahuas

"Play can take care of a lot of their exercise needs, however, as with all breeds, play will not fulfill their primal instinct to walk."

Primal instinct? Since when was being on a rope and harness part of primal instinct...
Old 01-05-2010, 01:16 AM
Twin 2.0

Yeah, they had the "no apartments" recommendation for Aussies as well. Uh...that year we spent in the Shoebox studio, what would that count as then? And I had *two* dogs in there...Sawyer and Virgo.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:09 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

I was gaily informed the other day that Travis was a Toy Pom(P) because Papillons only live in America. LOL! How is that for some dog breed info?

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 01-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Your Mom

From DBI
Quote:
The Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog is a well developed bulldog, exaggerate bulldog with a broad head and drop ears.
Though drop ears do happen, they're not as common as rose (both are acceptable), and truthfully we pride ourselves on the fact that this breed ISN'T exaggerated!!

This is my favorite "history" of the breed.
Quote:
The Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog is a very rare breed. It is nearly extinct. There are about 120-150 worldwide. This breed results from three generations of an old breeding program of PaPa Buck Lane of Rebecca, Georgia, USA. The program started back in the 1800's and was intended to rescue the "plantation dog" of Southern Georgia that was nearly extinct. This rare, bulldog-type guard dog descends form Buck Lane's dog, named Otto. Lana Lou spokes of her granddaddy as always having had an "Otto" about the estate. One Otto was all one needed since these Bulldogs were capable of guard work and woods work. When PaPa Buck was killed by a train in 1943, his Otto proved his undying devotion by constant visitation and guard duty over the grave. Buck Lane's granddaughter, Lana Lou Lane, continued the breeding program until she passed away in her sleep on July 20th 2001. Like the Plott Hound, this muscular breed is the creation of one American Family, and its survival depends upon the nurturing it receives. Originating from English Bulldog Stock, this dog's ancestors functioned as cattle and pig herders, but the Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog is bred solely for security and companionship.
Ahhhhh the bullpookie of this story always tickles me. And the whole "120-150 worldwide" is utter crap. There are way more than that out there.

Oldham's Goddess of War CGC, PSA1, CL1-F "Teeny"
Connors' Baloo CGC, TT "Blue"
Old 01-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Puppy Dog

Here's an interesting tidbit about the Ibizan Hound from Wikipedia:

Quote:
According to journalist Norman Lewis, when an owner no longer wants to own one of these dogs (having too much of an appetite, for instance), it is considered very bad luck to kill the dog. Instead, they release the dog on the other side of the island, so that someone else might 'adopt' the animal.[9]
Old 01-05-2010, 07:53 PM
just call me Nilly

Aaah DogBreedInfo. The dog website I go to to shake my head for a few hours. LOL

It's truly awful!

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010