Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-04-2010, 09:11 PM
Top Dog

I'm not quick thinking enough to teach left and right, although I'm always jealous of the people who have it trained well. I'd be on course screaming, "Left! No wait! Other left!" and such.... Meg has a "flip" (turn away from me) and a "Meg" (turn towards me). It's worked for us so far very well; we'll have to see how it goes now that we are in masters gamblers!

Old 01-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Just try me..

Dekka has 'turn' which flips her away, and a 'here' that pulls her towards me. I too do not want to have to worry about which left I want lol.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:43 AM
Ruddy Buttinski

I taught Sienna left and right on our daily walks. I live in the suburbs, so there are a lot of corners. At each corner, I told her "left" or "right" depending on which way I wanted to go. I actually did this because she likes to walk beside and slightly in front of me, and I kept tripping over her. This was before I ever heard of agility...

Now when she gets to the corner before me, she stops and looks at me like, "ok, which way?" It's really very useful!

Of course, this has been over several months...I guess there are probably faster ways to train it!
Old 01-05-2010, 08:34 AM
Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One

Haha, yeah, it would be useful on walks too. And congrats BostanBanker! You guys made it really far!!