Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 12-30-2009, 01:11 PM
I love my Sancho

Default Dog's Tummy is Growling

Tron's tummy is growling like crazy today. Has anyone experienced this? It has never happened before.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:58 PM
peanutbutterrocks

Yes. May be nothing to worry about if there aren't any other symptoms. Is he eating? How is his demeanor? Normal/happy? Lethargic? Are stools normal?

When our dog gets sick, the first sign is the growly stomach. She has IBD and is prone to inflammation, bloody stool, lethargy, loss of appetite, etc. Not saying your dog has that at all. If his appetite and spirits are good, he could just have an empty tummy and needs food. After a long day playing, our dog's tummy will sometimes get a little growly. It settles down once she eats.

Hope he's ok.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:33 PM
Active Pup

my dog has chicken/egg allergies and his first symptom is also tummy growling. plain yogurt (or flavored if that's all you've got) works wonders. if he develops allergy-like symptoms, benadryl is completely okay for dogs (25 mg for every 25 lbs).
Old 12-30-2009, 07:40 PM
EVIL SHELTIES!!!!

my foster dog, an english setter named Oliver has a VERY loud rumbling belly. the vet said it is because he is on food donations and his food is mixed of 5 or more kinds that switch up randomly.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:53 PM
I love my Sancho

He hasn't eaten today but he is full of energy. He was munching on some grass in the backyard earlier. His stools were a little mushy but he did have some new treats yesterday. Maybe he can't handle the treats. The growling has lessened as well. I guess I'll just have to keep an eye on him. It freaked me out when I first heard it. I have never heard a dogs tummy growl. Thanks for everyone's input.