Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Rescue Forum

Old 12-22-2009, 12:19 AM
Puppy Dog

Default Pup Rescued

Hello,
Me and my cousin were out walking when we saw this pup. She was shivering with cold and when I got nearer to him at first she was shy and ran away..After a while, he came himself and licked my hands. We bought water from inside from him and then he used to stick around with us. I told my Parents that I found a pup and it had no Mother and was out shivering. I'm guessing her age is around 1 and half Month or someone abondoned her. I will update her pics soon and she is soo cute and active

We let him in the basement for the night and I gave her Milk + Water at Night, Morning and now.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:33 AM
Top Dog

Poor Christmas waif ~ glad that he's inside and warm !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 12-22-2009, 07:44 AM
Love my pets

So sad when people abandon dogs, and then to do it when it's cold out is even worse.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:12 PM
Top Dog

Default v

Poor thing probably wandered off. Look for signs on posts, ask neighbors. You are guessing that he is six weeks old. He needs regular food. You can pick up a puppy formula food. If you use kibble, moisten it with a little water and let it soak for a few minutes. Use a food whose first ingredient is a whole meat, you can probably find a good one at a pet store. If you decide to keep the puppy, you need to post an ad in a local newspaper and contact the local animal shelter to see if anyone reported a missing puppy. If you do this, you can't be accused of stealing the puppy. Take the puppy to a vet. He or she will be able to tell you how old the puppy is, possibly his breed(s) and how big he will end up getting. Let him sleep next to your bed in a box too tall for him to get out of or use a crate. Don't let him in bed with you. He could suffecate or pee in the bed. He needs to go outside often. When he pees or poops outside, give him a little treat as a reward.

If you can't have a puppy at this time, contact your Humane Society. You can offer to foster the puppy until a permanent home is found.

Last edited by Maura; 12-22-2009 at 07:13 PM. Reason: v