Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-20-2009, 10:56 AM
Just try me..

Default Snip (the dog) may have a new home... (sad and happy)

Story is...

My friend got a new appt early in the summer. She thought she wanted a dog and borrowed Kaiden for a few weeks to see if she could handle a dog down town Toronto. They had a blast.

School has been crazy and I haven't been able to give the dogs enough attention. Poor Snip with his love of killing all things quarry like (including cats) can't go for off leash romps around the farm. The LGD on neighbouring farms make it so I can't walk him down the road... I don't have time to drive him somewhere and walk him. THe poor guy was just seeing the inside of the house and dog yard day after day.

Well my friend has always loved Snip (that is who she wanted to borrow initially.. but Snip is my second mostest favorite dog evar..) And Snip thinks she is pretty cool.

He is now on trial with her. I am both happy and sad it seems to be working out. For the first night he would keep going to the door and whine. The next morning she took him to the park and ran around with him (on leash) chasing squirrels. This turns out to be the best bonding activity evar according to Snip. Her dad came over for lunch (to meet Snip, he was totally in love with Kaiden) and brought gifts for Snip. (cuz toy, chewies etc) She plans to sign up for some rally classes and will still bring him to JRT events.

He seems to have settled in happily. I am not sure if I am more happy or sad. I know this is the best for them, and keeping him would be selfish of me when he could have someone who adores him and has time to give him what he needs. But I really miss him. (I have been calling every day to see how its going)
Old 12-20-2009, 11:05 AM
Wookie Collie

Well, I've told you this already, but from what you've told me, I think it's the best move for Snip. He seems to be doing great in this new home. So great of her to keep him involved in everything, and you'll get to see him at JRT events!

I always strongly admire people who not only realize when their dog needs a different environment, but makes the effort to find them the RIGHT home that will give them just what they need.

Kudos. Snip's gonna have a blast, and you made the right decision.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 12-20-2009, 11:06 AM
Tweleve Enthusiest

(((((((((Dekka))))))))))

Been there myself, I know how difficult it is to send them off.

It sounds like a really great home for him!!

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 12-20-2009, 11:37 AM
swimming upstream

good decisions are usually the toughest....sounds like you made the right choice for him. Does she have Kaiden as well? Or just Snip?
Old 12-20-2009, 11:42 AM
Just try me..

Just Snip, Kaiden and Snip are a no go togther deal (on Snips part.. he loves to brawl) Kaiden went as he is very very well trained and loves all humans. He would happily go home with who ever you hand his leash too and not look back.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:45 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Good for you for loving him so. Wish him the best of luck in his new home.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 12-20-2009, 01:05 PM
<----Thanks Allie

Well look on the bright side, it's your friend... so you'll still get to see him a lot!