Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 12-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Yorkie Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by adojrts View Post
You may want to google plastic or ceramic food/water bowls/canine virus' causing warts, if you don't use stainless steel bowls. That could also be the problem.

Years ago, one of my dogs got a wart on the face, had it removed and it came back, then the vet asked if I used plastic bowls..................switched problem solved lol.
thats funny because I had plastic bowls out the last few days and just thought today to change back to the stainless steel.

But it ended up not being a wart but rather some type of tumor (possibly cancerous)... I am waiting for a pathology report now before I decide what to do next.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:27 PM
Love my BC and Pap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adojrts View Post
You may want to google plastic or ceramic food/water bowls/canine virus' causing warts, if you don't use stainless steel bowls. That could also be the problem.

Years ago, one of my dogs got a wart on the face, had it removed and it came back, then the vet asked if I used plastic bowls..................switched problem solved lol.
Same here. When Luke was about 2 he got two warts on the top of his head. Vet told us to switch to stainless steel and the wart was gone forever!

Oh no, a tumor?! I'm so sorry to hear that. Please keep us updated, hopefully it's nothing cancerous!

made by Esther @ disneydreams-boards.org
Old 12-06-2009, 10:29 PM
Yorkie Love

thanks for pulling this up, I totally forgot to update.

The results came back clean... so we will just keep an eye on it and if it isn't gone by next month it will be removed when she is spayed!

And even though it ended up not being a wart, I took the advice and said goodbye to the plastic dishes and will only use the stainless steel now anyway... she doesnt need any more problems then she has!
Old 12-06-2009, 11:29 PM
Big Dog

A dog wart is the singular form of papillomas, meaning only one visible bump in an isolated area.

Warts usually occur on the aging skin of older dogs -- as if the loss of hair and muscle strength weren’t enough for them to deal with!

Their appearance will let you know if they are benign (non-cancerous) or cancerous.

There are three common appearances of dog warts:

1. Small, skin colored, resembling a mushroom on a stalk or a tiny finger. These common warts are benign and nothing to worry about, as long as they remain the same size and shape. It is still a good idea to have the dog wart examined by your veterinarian.

2. If that small, mushroom like wart begins to grow in size and ulcerate, your dog could have a problem. Have the wart diagnosed by your veterinarian, who will probably have it removed.

3. Black warts that are growing on the eyelid or around the lips could be malignant melanoma (potentially fatal skin cancer). These should be checked by your vet and removed immediately.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:32 PM
Yorkie Love

Oh looky, our "virtual doorman" (credited to Dekka!) now gives healthcare advice and his postings come courtesy of google,