Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

View Poll Results: petsmart vs petco
petsmart 11 22.45%
petco 12 24.49%
other 16 32.65%
i like cheese 10 20.41%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-03-2009, 01:39 PM
Top Dog

I go to Petco...they have a slightly lower price on the dog food that i get compared to petsmart. Batman loves going to petco and they give him a treat when i take him. It's also a little bit closer to where i live. Once in a while i go into Mud Bay which is walking distance from my house, they have some cool stuff in there.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:07 PM
Show Dog

I like to go to Petco for treats because I like their treat bar. For pretty much anything else I go to Petsmart because they're cheaper and all the fish I get at Petco seem to mysteriously die...

Of course I don't really buy much from either. I get dog and cat food through work and most other things I buy online.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:52 PM
Soon to Be 4 Pups!!

Petco since there the only one's around here that carry natural balance.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:00 PM
Owned by 3 mutts

I go to PetSmart, simply because it's closer..

Thanks~Jessie~

I believe in the Sun, even when it's not shinning
I believe in Love, even when not feeling it

I believe in God, even when He's silent.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:03 PM
:( only one :(

I voted other since neither of them sells the food I need.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:40 PM
Squishy face

I go to Petsmart if I need something little, like a bottle of shampoo, and we also buy the cats' dry food there, they eat Nutro (its the best quality food they will eat). For my guinea pig's food I go to Booth Feeds, which has a smattering of quality and crappy brands of pet food. The guinea pigs get Oxbow, which is a pretty good quality food for them.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 12-04-2009, 08:27 AM
Top Dog

around here where petco and petsmart are pretty close to each other, of the two I go to petsmart.

Have found it to be cheaper than petco and much more of a selection of doggie goodies/chewies and my dog food is cheaper there as well
Old 12-04-2009, 09:27 AM
<----Thanks Allie

For food I go to Shirley Feed... They're a giant warehouse stacked with every type of food for any type of creature you would find on a farm.

For "things" like shampoo, brushes, clippers, etc.... I go to petsmart just because it's close to work & really cheap. My problem with mom & pop type pet stores is they never carry things that I like, so while I browse them a lot, I never end up buying from them.

For treats, I go to petco or pet supplies plus if I'm near it... there is one private place in Hampton Bays I like to get treats from if I'm in the area.

For last minute or "oh crap" things I go to petco because there's one close to my house and there's one on my way to my training center.

For any type of med type things I go to entirelypets.com

For collars/leashes... I don't usually actively search for them, it's either last minute or I'm in a store(or fair, or browsing online) and see one I like, so then I buy it.... so it could be just about anywhere... I've gotten them from petco, petsmart, vet's office, mom & pop, online, craft fair, etc...

ETA: I voted "I like cheese"
Old 12-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Top Dog

Pet Smart because it is closer than Petco but after dealing with Petco one time I would only go their if absolutely necessary. One time I called Petco to see if an item was in stock and they said it was. When I went their to get it they did have it in stock but it was locked up. This was on a Saturday and they could not give me the item because the manager had the keys to the store and thier was only 2 employees at the store that day. They said I could come back at 5pm when the manager was going to be their. The drive their was already 15 miles and their was no way I was going back at 5pm.

Can someone please kill this flea before it jumps on Lola
Old 12-04-2009, 04:09 PM
Top Dog

I didn't vote as I get Ollie's food from a Mom and Pop store . I buy shampoo on line ( buy the gallon so it last for years ) Besides stuffed animals at Goodwill , Walgreen has sale bins . Dog biscuits and canned for with coupons at grocery on senior's day .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/