Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 07-06-2004, 04:01 PM
Active Pup

Default irish setter

Looking to find out if anyone has an irish setter and would like to chat with me.
My dog is eight year old and is my life. He has a fatty tumor on him. It was first small now it is big. It doesn't seem to bother him. But now I notice a rash on it as well. I was told it is just an allergy. I clean it with peroxide, and then I put aloe vera. the vet said it can be removed, but not to worry about it.
Can anyone who has an irish setter male contact me.???
thanks, and God Bless all dog owners, cat owners, or pet owners of any kind

Last edited by irishlady; 07-06-2004 at 04:04 PM. Reason: correct and add
Old 01-10-2005, 06:48 PM
Active Pup

Default irish setter

i dont have an irish setter but i have twop irish terriers. i live in ireland. michael
Old 01-10-2005, 07:20 PM
Top Dog

I've heard you're supposed to just leave fatty tumors alone. As long as you know that's all they are. I've had my retriever's fatty tumors aspirated every annual check up to make sure they haven't turned cancerous. I have a neighbor who has a dog (medium to large size) who has this HUGE fatty tumor formed on his thigh and it just keeps getting bigger and bigger. It looks like he has a pillow attached to his leg. But he is old and the vet has told them that it's more hard on him to remove it then just let it be since it's not detrimental to his health. I guess it's something you need to talk to your vet about -- the pros and cons of removal vs. leaving it...