Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Agility and Dog Sports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2009, 08:09 PM
Top Dog

Default Getting started with agility..FINALLY!!:)

I've decided 2010 will be the year I stop procrasinating and finally get involved in agility training with Duke.

We've had a good year in the Obidience and Rally Obidience atmohpshere and I finally feel, after two years of work, that Duke's ability to recover from going over threashold, and stress tolerance has gotten to a level where he can enjoy, and be successful at agility trials.

I've just found a few DVD's/ books I'd like to review before narrowing down where to take lessons, and whether or not to do group or private but I was wondering what everyone thinks of the DVD's/ books I've been reviewing and am getting ready to order ( but Id like some Chaz imput first).

-2 x 2 Weave Training- DVD set- Susan Garret ( I audited two agility camps at Say Yes Dog Training, and deffiently want this DVD set)

-Foundation Agility Training- DVD Greg Darret (It's a bit expensive, but I think I'd rather start off on the right foot from the get go)

-All About Agility- Jacqueline O'Neil (It's relatively inexpensive, and recieved good reviews on amazon.ca)

Lastly I found two books which recieved good reviews detailing massage and flexibility training (does anyone have any other recommendation on the topic?)

-Body work for dogs- DVD -Lyn Vaughan and Deborah Jones

-The healthy way to stretch your dog- Sasha foster and Ashley foster

By the way did I mention I'm super excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for any imput,

Kayla

“Violence begins where knowledge ends.” –Abraham Lincoln