Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 06:28 AM
Active Pup

Default Taking dog on vacation- accommodation help!

Hello!

I am starting to plan a vacation with my family for in a couple months time, and we plan on taking our dog with us. We want to rent a house somewhere, for a two weeks or so. We have never taken our dog on vacation with us, and I' not sure how to go about looking somewhere to stay- since I assume most places do not allow pets. Can anyone recommend me a rental agency site where I can find accommodation options that allow dogs??? I have done some research on my own, but I'm not sure which sites are the best. So far I've found this site, that allows you to narrow down your search results to houses that allow pets:

Holiday Homes Holiday Rentals Apartments for Rent

Their houses look really nice too, and they have quite a lot of variety. I also found this site, which searches specific properties around the US that allow dogs:

Doghouse Properties - Find Pet Friendly Rental Homes, Apartments and Vacation Rentals

Otherwise I'm not sure how to go about looking for a pet-friendly place. Any suggestions?? Also let me know if anyone has had experiences traveling with their pet! Thanks
Old 11-13-2009, 07:47 AM
Top Dog

Pet Friendly Vacation Rentals Pet Friendly Hotels Pet Friendly Lodging

Pet Friendly Vacation Rental Listings

Rent Pet Friendly Vacation Rentals Homes - Dog Friendly Vacation Rentals, Florida Hotels

Pet Friendly Vacation Rentals on CyberRentals

Pet friendly vacation rentals on HomeAway

The only time I traveled with the dog besides staying over at a friends house was recently in Harrisburg PA and stayed at Red Roof Inn but that is a pet friendly hotel chain. Reasonable prices though.

Find Cheap Hotels & Motels, Discount Hotels & Hotel Deals | Online Hotel Reservations | Red Roof Inn

Can someone please kill this flea before it jumps on Lola
Old 11-13-2009, 04:40 PM
Top Dog

vrbo.com lets you search for dog friendly places. i went on a road trip with a friend too new mexico and we took yoshi and the place was beautiful!

Old 11-13-2009, 05:11 PM
Top Dog

Starwood hotels (Sheraton, Westin, W, Sheraton 4 Points) and Kimpton hotels (boutique) all allow dogs also!
Old 11-13-2009, 05:36 PM
Yorkie Love

I usually check first to see if the area has a red roof inn or a la quinta because they are pet friendly chains... really pet friendly, no fees and the dogs can be left alone in the room.

Otherwise I use one of the sites Lolas Dad suggested.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:11 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoodleMommy View Post
I usually check first to see if the area has a red roof inn or a la quinta because they are pet friendly chains... really pet friendly, no fees and the dogs can be left alone in the room.
I've been to both of these in different cities, and been very pleased

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Closed Thread