Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 11-11-2009, 03:57 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandros Tony View Post
I would choose the breed that suites your lifestyle best and then train for agility. Any dog can do agility, but remember the dog will be a pet first, so be sure you understand what you are getting yourself into first.
And the random award goes to................

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 11-11-2009, 10:07 AM
Top Dog

LOL.

I brush my dogs' teeth every night when we're settling on the couch for a little TV. It takes about 3 minutes or less to do all three mouths. I don't know if it's about a lot of teeth crammed into small mouths or not because Chuli has had 5 teeth pulled when they got so bad at one time. So she has lot of empty spaces and they still get yucky. I'm really buckling down. I think the best would be to brush them right after each meal. It must be a genetic component with these little dogs. All my bigger dogs have never had issues with their teeth and I never brushed them in the past. But these little guys...I've had to get a cleaning from the vet..twice for Chuli and once so far for Jose`. It's very expensive but it sure gets them cleaned up. And it's very dangerous to their whole health to let that tarter and bacteria build up. And I feed a kibble that has no grain. They do get some other stuff though sometimes, like a few bites of whatever I had for dinner, depending on what it is.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-11-2009, 10:19 AM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
I would choose the breed that suites your lifestyle best and then train for agility. Any dog can do agility, but remember the dog will be a pet first, so be sure you understand what you are getting yourself into first.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 11-11-2009, 10:24 AM
Yorkie Love

Quote:
wow this is great to know... If I had realized that doing agility would have such an impact on my dogs dental health I would have started a long time ago... I am going to start right away, do you think it will still help?

Old 11-11-2009, 11:04 AM
Top Dog

It might not have been spam. There's no advertising. It might have been a post meant for another thread, but put here by mistake. I've done that before.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-11-2009, 11:25 AM
Yorkie Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
It might not have been spam. There's no advertising. It might have been a post meant for another thread, but put here by mistake. I've done that before.
ive done that too! LOL

But the title which they wrote is "Little Dogs and Dental Care" and there is an ad link in the siggy.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:45 AM
Top Dog

Oh yeah! I forgot that. LOL.

Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-13-2009, 04:26 PM
Top Dog

yeah, just try brushing him every week and see if that helps... if not, get one of those dental bones or talk to your vet if those options dont work. good luck!