Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 10-29-2009, 11:07 PM
Twin 2

That's why I had the warning, I know there are people who really are bothered by it and I didn't want people to be looking through pics and be hit with a dead mouse. And no offense taken, I've become immune to being bothered by the feeder but it wasn't always like that.

But I hope his cuteness should cancel that out Can anyone tell I'm enamored with this ball of trouble?
Old 10-31-2009, 02:13 PM
Puppy Dog

Cute, heck, that cat is GORGEOUS!!

My cats get mice, too. The two 1 year-olds eat them eagerly (well, after they're done tossing 'em around *sigh* why DO cats do that?), but my three 3 year-olds take a lot of coaxing and will only eat them some of the time. Of course, the kittens are happy to finish what the "elders" don't eat, but I sure wish I could get Allen, Rachel and Meghan more enthusiatic about whole prey.

Everyone gets frankenprey the remainder of the time.

Oh, and by the way (hint, hint) more pics would be awesome. I love watching cats change as they go from kittens to adults.

CatCentric.org: A raw feeding, feline nutrition, health and general cat care blog, article and resource site.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:35 PM
Top Dog

oh, hey cat forum people lol. Your cat is beautiful, I really do want to try Willie on mice, not sure if my dad would let me do it though lol.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 10-31-2009, 09:10 PM
Twin 2

Haha! Gotta love the animal forum world, it's a small one

AuntieCrazy-They really do love to toss that stuff around. Hamish has been shoved into the cat carrier a few times when he decided to be a little....too enthusiastic about playing with is food.

I just wish he would eat his whole rabbit. I got four and he won't touch them. My next step is taking them to a friends house because they have a meat grinder and then mixing it into his canned to get him used to the taste.

Sorry about your older guys being butts about eating them, but I'm sure the two youngins don't mind I was lucky, Hamish was 9 weeks old when he got started on mice and he took right to them.

You gotta post more pics of your guys, the ones on the other thread are not enough

Maxy-My dad was none too happy with me when I started. But while he moans and groans about it all the time he will yell at me if Hamish hasn't gotten his mice for the day and gets the biggest kick out of watching him play/eat....even if he won't admit it.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:56 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
Haha! Gotta love the animal forum world, it's a small one

AuntieCrazy-They really do love to toss that stuff around. Hamish has been shoved into the cat carrier a few times when he decided to be a little....too enthusiastic about playing with is food.
Dead mice do make the most distinctive sound when they hit the floor, don't they? Folks who feed them long enough can even tell how much air the mouse caught from the tone and pitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
You gotta post more pics of your guys, the ones on the other thread are not enough

Maxy-My dad was none too happy with me when I started. But while he moans and groans about it all the time he will yell at me if Hamish hasn't gotten his mice for the day and gets the biggest kick out of watching him play/eat....even if he won't admit it.
Aw, that's sweet. Gotta love dad's like that. Grumpy on the outside, soft on the inside.

P.S. Give me five minutes and check the other thread.

CatCentric.org: A raw feeding, feline nutrition, health and general cat care blog, article and resource site.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:44 AM
Top Dog

Omg Hammish is sooo cute! What big cute round eyes too! Bet he gets away with it all!

Old 11-01-2009, 07:28 PM
Twin 2

Haha, Maxy, I just noticed you where the one to answer my whole prey questions on Cat Forum

Ohh Candy, he sure does get away with murder. He's got it down to an art form
Old 11-01-2009, 07:30 PM
treehugging clicker freak

I had the pleasure of meeting 1 cat in my life that was raw fed. And I could tell! Amazing coat!!

Cuuute pics! And I'm not a cat person

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 11-02-2009, 07:12 PM
Twin 2

Thanks! I'm hoping is coat turns out wonderful. It's REALLY soft now but I don't know if that's just kitten soft or because of the food.

I do know that he had a BAD case of roundworms (yuck, yuck and double yuck) and the vet couldn't stop saying how amazed she was that he had as much muscle ton and growth for having part of his nutrients taken away by the worms.

I say it's because of the mice and he agrees because he wants more
Old 11-11-2009, 03:38 AM
Active Pup

Your cat is really cute! But somehow I feel sad for the mouse he got there. Cats has longer lives because they got 8 lives? Is that right? Your cat is just wonderful.