Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 09-18-2005, 08:24 PM
Active Pup

Default Strange dog behavior

Maybe you can explain the psychology of this....since i've had my dog she has always like to "dig" up her water. She will put her feet in the bowl and splash it out, till it's empty..... I've seen a few other dogs do this at the local dog park, and it's beyond me!

Second thing, this just happened. I just now poored her food into her bowl and i caught her trying to tip it over onto the floor. Now there is a pile of dry dog food on the floor, and she is eating it.......I don't understand?
Old 09-18-2005, 09:11 PM
Top Dog

How old is she ??? Maybe she never ate out of a bowl. Water is another issue... how about a pan outside she can go to town with ??

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 09-19-2005, 03:17 AM
Active Pup

I've had her since she was a pup and she is very used to eating and drinking out of a bowl. She is about 8 months old. It's just so strage about the food tonight, because she has never, not once tried to knock her food out of the bowl. She ended up only eating what didnt fall out of the bowl, not what she spilled out.

But her splashing the water out of her bowl is beyond me, i've seen other dogs do it, and I cant figure out why?
Old 09-19-2005, 04:48 AM
Top Dog

Did you ever see a four year old with rubber boots on splashing through big mud puddles? It's fun! Your dog has decided that there are more uses for his water and food bowl than mere containers. You could try a big, heavy bucket as long as he can still reach the water, making sure it doesn't get low. But if he's strong and still determined, watch out! LOL. You may want to supervise for a while and see how he does. For the food, how about a flatter container like a cookie sheet. He may have a field day with that though too or he may just like eating his food when it's all spread out. Or, you can feed him in his bowl and watch him. When he starts to make a mess, pick up the bowl and put it away. Wait about 10 minutes and try again. Repeat as necessary. As long as he eats without tipping it over, leave it for him. The minute he starts up again, remove it. You could try that with the water too, but you don't want the pup to be without water for too long.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:33 PM
Active Pup

no, this is different, she does it all the time now, half a year has been gone by without her doing this, im getting weirded out.