Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-01-2009, 10:18 PM
Top Dog

I think that they just did one on Chows, and I missed it. There is a 4 and a half minute blurb of the episode online, but that's hardly the same.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:19 PM
Top Dog

Everyone thinks Princess is a chiweenie, she looks nothing like them!

Dogs 101: Chiweenie : Video : Animal Planet

And OMG why breed those two breeds if they are going to have so much health problems, not to mention even harder to housetrain and twice the yappiness?!

Old 11-01-2009, 10:27 PM
I'm All Ears

Yeah I've seen the breed all about it. It was cool, showed off the breed's intelligence and even showed a papillon herding. But about half of it was Kirby and John Oulton just talking. It's just older and I'd like to see a new take on it.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:38 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy View Post
Not Dogs 101, but I remember watching this episode on Japanese Chins on this show when it use to air on AP.

YouTube - Breed All About It - Japanese Chin
I seen that a few months back but thanks for posting it. I think Dogs 101 is a better program.

Can someone please kill this flea before it jumps on Lola
Old 11-01-2009, 10:50 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
the description on that page...

Quote:
This itty bitty, adorable cross breed is known as the "Mexican Hotdog" or the "German Taco." Half Chihuahua, half Doxen, this breed is active and full of energy.
Half chihuahua... half... WHAT?
*headdesk*

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 11-01-2009, 11:02 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Just finished watching that and all I can say is

...why?
Old 11-02-2009, 09:30 AM
Sport Model Pug

I watched the "Chorkie" one too...

The dogs on that one were sooo ugly... Like someone took the normally beautiful Chinese Crested and gave it stringy yorkie hair that's not filled in properly. Doesn't even look chihuahua at all.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:36 AM
<----Thanks Allie

Yeah, I think they should do all AKC Breeds first... than go on to "other" breeds...

But honestly, I don't think they should really do designer breeds... it just adds more to people wanting/buying them... and they come from byb/mills.... sad.

The Labradoodle is the one exception... but they should be SURE to mention to get one that's a multigen...
Old 11-02-2009, 09:51 AM
Squishy22

I think most designer mixes are just plain ugly. Having a pure bred is no longer cool anymore, its boring. Having a dog that consists of an interesting mix is now the new and exciting thing... Who cares what the dog actually looks like or how how their health is. *rolls eyes*. I am ALWAYS going to have a pure bred dog, unless its a rescue.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:56 AM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy22 View Post
I think most designer mixes are just plain ugly. Having a pure bred is no longer cool anymore, its boring. Having a dog that consists of an interesting mix is now the new and exciting thing... Who cares what the dog actually looks like or how how their health is. *rolls eyes*. I am ALWAYS going to have a pure bred dog, unless its a rescue.
This!

People scoff at me because i want purebred dogs, they get all up in arms about it. I work with rescue though, i see mixes and honestly I'm not going to get a dog to get a dog because it's interesting looking. My friend, all she wants is a Jack Russel Chihuahua mix. Or any kind of dog mixed with a chihuahua. She thinks it'll be like a super dog or something and how purebreds are so awful (her sister who she lives with owns Wile E. Coyote, my purebred chihuahua "nephew" which this girl LOVES) and when i told her i only want purebreds she freaked at me despite the fact i like predictability and want my dog to have certain traits. She's the type of girl to get all squeely when puppies are involved... It's disgusting.