Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-01-2009, 04:20 PM
Lolas Dad's Avatar
Lolas Dad Lolas Dad is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,017
Default What's wrong with people?

Yet another stupid human that actually has the ability to breed another human and did.

7 yr old Pomeranian
__________________




Can someone please kill this flea before it jumps on Lola
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-01-2009, 04:46 PM
babymomma babymomma is offline
Remembering Casey ♥
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NFLD ,Canada
Posts: 2,418
Default

I dont see a whole lot wrong with that add.. They got a dog, and unfortunatly it hasnt worked out... *shrug* It happens.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-01-2009, 04:49 PM
Boemy's Avatar
Boemy Boemy is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,481
Default

The main thing I see wrong is that they bought a tiny toy dog FOR A TWO YEAR OLD. I hope to God the "crushed trachea" isn't a result of the the kid being "way too rough."
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-01-2009, 04:54 PM
Lolas Dad's Avatar
Lolas Dad Lolas Dad is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boemy View Post
The main thing I see wrong is that they bought a tiny toy dog FOR A TWO YEAR OLD. I hope to God the "crushed trachea" isn't a result of the the kid being "way too rough."
It was the kid, that is why she is rehoming the dog. The stupidity part is that she should have never bought a dog for a two year kid in the first place or at the very least watched the both of them.
__________________




Can someone please kill this flea before it jumps on Lola
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-01-2009, 04:57 PM
corgipower's Avatar
corgipower corgipower is offline
Tweleve Enthusiest
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: here
Posts: 8,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boemy View Post
I hope to God the "crushed trachea" isn't a result of the the kid being "way too rough."


I'm pretty sure they meant collapsing trachea, not uncommon in toy breeds and the main reason I always suggest harnesses for toy breeds.
__________________
The slayer of all things happy since 2010
Kibble feeder since 1973

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Linds's Avatar
Linds Linds is offline
Twin 2
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6,834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boemy View Post
The main thing I see wrong is that they bought a tiny toy dog FOR A TWO YEAR OLD. I hope to God the "crushed trachea" isn't a result of the the kid being "way too rough."
All I could picture when I read that was a kid with his hands around the pom's neck squeezing with the dogs eyes popping out like one of those toys

Otherwise I don't see what's so horrible about what they are doing. Yes, it wasn't the best idea to get a dog for a 2 year old, especially one of that size. But I think that a lot of people think: Small kid+Small Dog=Perfect and don't take into account that small dogs are much more fragile than your 2 year old.

They made a mistake and instead of waiting for the dog or kid to get hurt they are rectifying the problem.

I might have done it differently but that really is no where near as bad as some ads I see on CL
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-01-2009, 05:21 PM
Juicy's Avatar
Juicy Juicy is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,664
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
All I could picture when I read that was a kid with his hands around the pom's neck squeezing with the dogs eyes popping out like one of those toys

Otherwise I don't see what's so horrible about what they are doing. Yes, it wasn't the best idea to get a dog for a 2 year old, especially one of that size. But I think that a lot of people think: Small kid+Small Dog=Perfect and don't take into account that small dogs are much more fragile than your 2 year old.

They made a mistake and instead of waiting for the dog or kid to get hurt they are rectifying the problem.

I might have done it differently but that really is no where near as bad as some ads I see on CL
...but yeah my dog would always choke on a collar
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-01-2009, 05:22 PM
Juicy's Avatar
Juicy Juicy is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,664
Default

I would rather they rehome the pom, than keep it IMO.

I mean I have seen people with toy dogs and their toddlers dropping them....not a pretty picture.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-01-2009, 05:25 PM
Dekka's Avatar
Dekka Dekka is offline
Just try me..
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 19,343
Default

Really LD.. I think we ALL carry some blame for people like that. What do you do to educate people? All I see on here is you picking out not that bad CL postings and getting all up in arms about it.

I mostly blame the breeders in this case.

IMO its nasty to blame people who don't have the 'education'. As has been pointed out at least they are trying to find a new home and not just dumping the dogs. (from workign with rescues I can tell you some actual horror stories)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-01-2009, 05:28 PM
Juicy's Avatar
Juicy Juicy is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,664
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
Really LD.. I think we ALL carry some blame for people like that. What do you do to educate people? All I see on here is you picking out not that bad CL postings and getting all up in arms about it.

I mostly blame the breeders in this case.

IMO its nasty to blame people who don't have the 'education'. As has been pointed out at least they are trying to find a new home and not just dumping the dogs. (from workign with rescues I can tell you some actual horror stories)
If it weren't for dog forums my dogs will be on kibbles and bits, aplha rolling my dogs, who knows what...wouldn't make me an irresponsible dog owner, ignorant maybe.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site