Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-28-2009, 09:30 AM
Squishy face

Default I'm exciteddddd

I have my mom seriously considering taking Benji with us when we take our annual road trip to PA for Thanksgiving. I was talking to my mom today about her loaning me some money so that I can get the dogs Canine Influenza shots because the kennels here are requiring them + bordatella in order to board the dogs. I think the Canine Influenza vaccine is useless, personally (bordatella is a little less useless). So I started telling her "you could save money on boarding and shots if we took Benji with us. You know he'd be good." Saving Money = Good Argument to use with Thrifty Mother.

So we just have to think about it some more, and talk to Grandma to make sure she's ok with it and all.

Daisy, however, will definitely be boarded. We couldn't take her with us even if we wanted to because she would stress horribly in the car, and stress horribly in the unfamiliar surroundings. She knows and is used to the kennel, so its a lot less stressful on her to just put her there for the two 1/2 days and two nights we'll be gone.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 10-28-2009, 09:33 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Yay! I love being able to bring my dogs with me... we rent a cabin in TN over the holidays in December, and take the dogs with us

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 10-28-2009, 09:34 AM
Top Dog

Hope it works out for you !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 10-28-2009, 09:39 AM
Love My Mutt <3

yay that's awesome! If we were going someplace, we would always either bring Rosey with us or get my grandmother to stay at our house with her. That way she is either with us, or in a familiar setting with somebody she knows and trusts Not sure what I would do with Rascal, we've only ran into that issue once and it was just for the day.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 10-28-2009, 01:17 PM
Top Dog

that'll be nice to have him by your side when traveling. That way everyone will be happy and you can save some serious bucks! I love bringing my dog with us on long roadtrips..however, we haven't flown with him yet.