Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #16  
Old 10-28-2009, 08:06 AM
DanL's Avatar
DanL DanL is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,881
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amstaffer View Post
I know this is a very touchy subject but most dog parks are used by poor dog owners. I used to have no problem with Athena and then Sal at the dog parks but the one nearest my house had a guy with three Goldens who were very aggressive and another guy with a crazy dalmatian. I stop going there because of those two guys bringing DA dogs to the park. Oddly I never hear people say you shouldn't bring those two breeds.

My point is that the Bullys I have had or known are usually more stable and dog friendly than the average Golden (no offense to the breed just my experience). Because of a few bad owners and the media Pitties are discriminated against; its not the breeds its our society.

I would challenge anyone and any dog to a "Friendly" contest and Sal would at defeat 99% of the dogs out there and tie the other 1%.

Where I now go is an "unofficial" dog park where everyone who goes there knows each other and for the most part the dogs all get along great and things are much more controlled.

I recommend you find some play buddies and try to arrange a play club of good dogs and responsible owners who train and vaccinate their dogs.
While I agree with your post, I think it's more than a few bad owners who have given pits a bad name. It's a lot of bad owners.
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site