Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-27-2009, 01:45 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Thanks everyone for healing vibes! I think we are going to need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
When I read the title, somehow I thought she had been killed. Thank goodness she'll be okay. It's weird. Toker got hit when my son had her at his girlfriends and she had a ruptured bladder and broken pelvis. The vet said that the pelvis would heal in about 3 weeks and we wouldn't even be able to tell she ever broke it. In 3 weeks she was zooming around like a nut...no sign of any pain or dysfunction. She was absolutely fine. Once the bladder stitches came out and she was all better in that regard, most of our worries were over. So, I don't get the 6 month thing. Maybe it was a worse break or something.

At any rate, I'm very glad she'll be okay.
That is strange. Maybe it's because the fracture was slightly missalligned or it was a a worse break. I don't know, I wasn't there at the vet to see the x-rays that's just what they told us.

Hell I'd be thrilled if she was better in 3 weeks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labyrinth View Post
She's a beautiful girl, I'm glad she's going to make it. I'm a little surprised that the shelter would take her in and post her on petfinder without even getting her seen by a vet though

Hope she heals well and quickly!
They wrapped up her leg in a bandage, which they toook off when someone came to get her. Which I thought was kinda strange they would take the bandage off! But she must of been seen by their vet to get the bandage at least. I'm not suprised they didn't do more, I wouldn't really expect them to take x-rays or anything.

Thanks!