Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-26-2009, 04:50 PM
Squishy22

I don't know why, but the word "pregers" annoys me but I like the word "prego". I only use it when typing. A short cut I guess, I just got used to it after seeing it a million times. I hate it when people use "to" instead of "too". Its not that hard, people!
Old 10-26-2009, 05:00 PM
Top Dog

LOL. My Dad use to ask me: "How do you spell to?" And I'd spell it. Then he'd ask me how to spell "two another way" so I'd spell it another way, like that...the number or too, meaning also. He asked me how to spell train. I spelled it. "t-r-a-i-n. Then he asked me to say all the words, one after the other. "Too too train." And then he told me, "when you get a little older, I'll teach you how to spell "locamotive." Hahahaha.

That one and then there's there, their and they're. I find myself, when I'm typing really fast, plugging in the wrong one sometimes. I know the difference, but when my brain is not at full throttle, I sometimes stick in the wrong one and sometimes, the wrong two, too or to, too. I mean also. Rfffff.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-26-2009, 05:00 PM
Aroooooo!

You're your. "You're bothering your sister." That so hard?

They're their there. "They're sitting with their friends over there." THAT so hard?!

I know its a southern thing, but I just cannot understand "I seen."

And irregardless bugs me.

And its instant messager, not instant messenger.

I have a long list, lol.

dober- posted at the same time, I wasnt calling you out lol

"Be it through intention or ignorance, our successes and our failures have been brought on by none other than ourselves." The art of racing in the rain.

Last edited by 4dogs3cats; 10-26-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:41 PM
Thanks, and Gig 'em.

Quote:
I don't know why, but the word "pregers" annoys me but I like the word "prego". I only use it when typing. A short cut I guess, I just got used to it after seeing it a million times. I hate it when people use "to" instead of "too". Its not that hard, people!
What gets me is 'preggers' is exactly the same length as 'pregnant' so...I just really don't get that at all. I guess it's supposed to be cute, but it sounds idiotic. And 'preggo' is two letters short. Whoo! Big abbreviation there.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, throughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --- 'WOW, WHAT A RIDE!!!!' " - Author Unknown
Old 10-26-2009, 06:42 PM
Top Dog

It's intents and purposes, not "intensive purposes". That always bothers me. That and adding -ish to everything. Smallish, roundish, coolish, AHHHH! I can't stand -ish.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:48 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhound View Post
It's intents and purposes, not "intensive purposes". That always bothers me.
That one cracks me up. I've also seen a lot of incorrect spellings and uses of "per se" recently.

I've had to chill out about spelling and grammar issues since spending more time on the internetz, or my head would explode. I also think and write in random acronyms far too often.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:48 PM
Yorkie Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dogs3cats View Post
And its instant messager, not instant messenger.
huh?

Like AIM?

thats AOL Instant Messenger
Old 10-26-2009, 07:29 PM
swimming upstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Well, I still find the word "yummy" when used by an adult TO another adult repulsively puerile.
which would be the reason I find it so fun to use it
Old 10-26-2009, 07:41 PM

First off, uber and yummy totally roxorz irregardless of what yall think.

I get a big kick out of slang and I use it at the worst times in the wrong context as often as possible. I also like to use hand signs and secret handshakes that the other person has no clue of. Grammar/Spelling Nazis bring out my prey drive.

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
Ayn Rand

There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist.
Ayn Rand
Old 10-26-2009, 07:50 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
First off, uber and yummy totally roxorz irregardless of what yall think.

I get a big kick out of slang and I use it at the worst times in the wrong context as often as possible. I also like to use hand signs and secret handshakes that the other person has no clue of. Grammar/Spelling Nazis bring out my prey drive.
Oi, yoi need more toim in the Archives, Schiem

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian