Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-23-2009, 01:01 PM
Top Dog

Do what your vet says about the dose. He may want to have it work fast to bring down any inflamation. Inflamation is like a vicious circle. Once it gets going, often times, the immune system will begin to attack the joints where the inflammation is, "thinking" the joints are a foreign material, worthy of attack. Then the joints or wherever the inflamation is, erode, get chewed up more and more and the inflamation increases. Then the immune system gets even more worked up, over reacts and brings out the "special forces." And it goes round and round. It is imperative to bring down any swelling asap. So, my advice is to follow your vet's dosage.

I hope it's nothing serious and can be brought under control. Sending my very best vibes to dear Brody.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-23-2009, 04:41 PM
Top Dog

These are inside stairs for a two story so I think it is like 14 steps. The poor thing tries to rush down but I walk next to him and hold him so he won't fall. I would buy pee pads and let him use that in our upstairs bathroom but he just will not pee in the house. If he gets worse I will have to think of something for him to do. He sleeps upstairs in the bedroom with me so he will not stay downstairs. Does Mary have any trouble going up the stairs? Brody seems to be doing good with going up.

I am going to give him both pills because I don't want this to get any worse. What is so crazy is he has a 6 inch memory foam pad (it was mine) and he chooses to sleep on the hard floor most of the time. I guess I will leave him alone maybe the foam pad is too soft.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:16 PM
Top Dog

I'd sleep downstairs until he can handle the stairs .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 10-23-2009, 05:27 PM
Felurian

The memory foam may be too soft and difficult to get up from. It may also smell funny to him, or get too hot. Try checking Craigslist or Kijijii to see if you can score an old crib mattress or something like that.

((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))) for Brody!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-23-2009, 06:17 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldiefur View Post
These are inside stairs for a two story so I think it is like 14 steps. The poor thing tries to rush down but I walk next to him and hold him so he won't fall. I would buy pee pads and let him use that in our upstairs bathroom but he just will not pee in the house. If he gets worse I will have to think of something for him to do. He sleeps upstairs in the bedroom with me so he will not stay downstairs. Does Mary have any trouble going up the stairs? Brody seems to be doing good with going up.

I am going to give him both pills because I don't want this to get any worse. What is so crazy is he has a 6 inch memory foam pad (it was mine) and he chooses to sleep on the hard floor most of the time. I guess I will leave him alone maybe the foam pad is too soft.
Do you have a harness he can wear in the house? If so, you can lift on the harness as you walk beside him down the stairs and take some of the weight/strain off his joints.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:28 PM
Top Dog

Ollie switches during the night . Starts out by my pillow being hugged and massaged , moves to the end of my bed , next I hear him hit the bare floor and is in his bed during the night ... when I get up he's back in my warm spot until he hears me pour my coffee ...that's his cookie time !

Old 10-23-2009, 09:03 PM
Top Dog

Thanks for the good ideas! I will sleep downstairs if it comes to that right now we don't have any furniture in the den it is actually used as a dog play room (it is huge) and we use the upstairs game room as a den so I would have to put a mattress down there and get a either use his memory foam or get him a mattress. I don't know if he would fit comfortably with me on the twin mattress.

He seems to be doing better his eyes are bright and he does not have that sad look and he is going down the stairs better this evening. I pray this lasts and he does not have pain again when he is off of the medicine. It is the worst thing in the world to see an animal or child in pain and you can't make it better. My nephew whom I have raised has JRA and it is absolute torture to see him in pain. He has been taking good care of Brody!
Old 10-23-2009, 09:24 PM
Top Dog

A mattress is all you need ....My Ollie , a lab and Maggie May have shared my twin bed . Just have a blanket on the floor if he gets too hot . Sweet boy !

Old 10-24-2009, 09:03 AM
Love my pets

Hope Brody is still improving some this morning. If you have to, just take the mattress off your bed and lay in on the floor downstairs to lay with him.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:33 PM
Proud Schnoodle Mama

Good wishes for you and Brody! Hope all is well soon!

http://stellalind.wordpress.com/