Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 10-21-2009, 04:49 PM
BostonBanker's Avatar
BostonBanker BostonBanker is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vermont
Posts: 8,094
Default

Quote:
I really didn't think my point would be this lost on people, but then the fact that it was only further proves the point.
Unless you've got a very different point to make than the one it appears you were making, it isn't lost on everyone - we just don't agree with it.

It seems you were saying that until any one of us posting had done something worthy of having a magazine produced about us and our ideas, then we couldn't judge the magazine. As others said, that's a bit ridiculous. That would mean there are only a handful of people out there qualified to judge just about anything being produced in the world.

If you did have a different point you were trying to make, I'm more than happy to hear it and consider it.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10-21-2009, 05:40 PM
Fran101's Avatar
Fran101 Fran101 is offline
Resident fainting goat
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 12,255
Default





and yes, I have met both cesar AND daddy. its very hard not to like them..
cesar is just sooo nice and daddy is just the sweetest pit ive ever met lol he asked me about my school, and my dogs and was just an overall really nice, goodlooking and friendly guy!

cesar is incredibly friendly and I honestly think he means well. do I agree with everything he does? no. but i definetly dont think hes an evil dog abuser. I think most of the issues comes from amateur people trying to mimick him..and his show does say "do not try this.. consult a proffesional"

Ya, i think the water and stuff is kind of silly. but if i was in his position.. hell, if it would sell, i would market my own dog water 2! lol

I do think some of the hate comes from people who honestly don't agree with his methods but... I think some of it is just well.. haters lol he is very successful. hes the typical rag to riches story, hes was a poor dog groomer who trained dogs and is now a highly paid, good looking, famous dog trainer with his own very popular TV show as well as his own line of everything lol
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 10-21-2009, 05:42 PM
bubbatd's Avatar
bubbatd bubbatd is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 64,812
Default

He may have helped many people , but I won't add to his wallet !
__________________
A light for all who are crossing dark times.


http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 10-21-2009, 06:15 PM
Dekka's Avatar
Dekka Dekka is offline
Just try me..
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 19,232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fransheska101 View Post

I do think some of the hate comes from people who honestly don't agree with his methods but... I think some of it is just well.. haters lol he is very successful. hes the typical rag to riches story, hes was a poor dog groomer who trained dogs and is now a highly paid, good looking, famous dog trainer with his own very popular TV show as well as his own line of everything lol
He is likeable. And he is successful. But that has nothing to do with his dog training ability. He is not successful at training (if you look at even the stats the people promoting his show put out) He is successful at being a celebrity. The stuff of his that 'works' is the same stuff pretty much EVERY successful dog trainer has been saying for years before he came along. But because he is charismatic he 'gets the credit'.

If you watch his show you can see he DOES abuse dogs. Do I think he means to be abusive? No. But that doesn't make any difference to the victims.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 10-21-2009, 07:38 PM
elegy's Avatar
elegy elegy is offline
overdogged
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 7,654
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
He is likeable. And he is successful. But that has nothing to do with his dog training ability. He is not successful at training (if you look at even the stats the people promoting his show put out) He is successful at being a celebrity. The stuff of his that 'works' is the same stuff pretty much EVERY successful dog trainer has been saying for years before he came along. But because he is charismatic he 'gets the credit'.

If you watch his show you can see he DOES abuse dogs. Do I think he means to be abusive? No. But that doesn't make any difference to the victims.
this. exactly.

and while he may be exposing people to pit bulls in a positive manner in some cases, the last time i had my teeth cleaned, the only thing my hygienist could talk about (she knows i have pit bulls) was this horrible episode of the dog whisperer that her child accidentally turned on that showed two pit bulls fighting and him not being able to break them up. ugh.
__________________
ARCHX Luce CD CD-H RA RL3 RLV RL2X RL1X CGC TT
Mushroom Couch-holder-downer EX
Flyball Ninja Steve RA RL1 CL1-R CL1-F FMCh
and Bean FDCh-S
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 10-21-2009, 07:45 PM
BostonBanker's Avatar
BostonBanker BostonBanker is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vermont
Posts: 8,094
Default

Wow, something amazing just happened! I was trying to find the video of the sheltie that upset me so much, and happened upon a few CM videos on YouTube. I started watching THIS
YouTube - Horse & Dog Whisperers Unite
one, and my wallet flew out of my back pocket and got stuck to the computer screen!

By george, those two men together could start some amazing marketing school and teach us all how to get rich.

Quote:
I think some of it is just well.. haters lol he is very successful.
I don't know, I know a few people personally, and a lot more via the media, who went from nothing to SOMETHING, and I feel nothing but love and admiration for them. I don't think I'm that shallow of a person. I don't doubt for an instant that Daddy rocks the world; I think he's adorable. I don't doubt that Cesar thinks he's doing things right. Would you chase that cute new boy of yours into a corner with something that scared him? Would you put a collar and leash on him and yank him into the pool just because you wanted him to swim?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 10-22-2009, 02:06 AM
Dogs6's Avatar
Dogs6 Dogs6 is offline
Plus One
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 2,091
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
Wow, something amazing just happened! I was trying to find the video of the sheltie that upset me so much, and happened upon a few CM videos on YouTube. I started watching THIS
YouTube - Horse & Dog Whisperers Unite
one, and my wallet flew out of my back pocket and got stuck to the computer screen!

By george, those two men together could start some amazing marketing school and teach us all how to get rich.
Of course because together they can charge more
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 10-22-2009, 05:23 AM
puppydog's Avatar
puppydog puppydog is offline
Tru evil has no pantyline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fransheska101 View Post




and yes, I have met both cesar AND daddy. its very hard not to like them..
cesar is just sooo nice and daddy is just the sweetest pit ive ever met lol he asked me about my school, and my dogs and was just an overall really nice, goodlooking and friendly guy!

cesar is incredibly friendly and I honestly think he means well. do I agree with everything he does? no. but i definetly dont think hes an evil dog abuser. I think most of the issues comes from amateur people trying to mimick him..and his show does say "do not try this.. consult a proffesional"

Ya, i think the water and stuff is kind of silly. but if i was in his position.. hell, if it would sell, i would market my own dog water 2! lol

I do think some of the hate comes from people who honestly don't agree with his methods but... I think some of it is just well.. haters lol he is very successful. hes the typical rag to riches story, hes was a poor dog groomer who trained dogs and is now a highly paid, good looking, famous dog trainer with his own very popular TV show as well as his own line of everything lol
Fran, I have seen him kick a dog to provoke an attack and then strangle it until is near passes out. Is that not classified as abuse?
__________________


Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 10-22-2009, 08:52 AM
Lolas Dad's Avatar
Lolas Dad Lolas Dad is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydog View Post
Fran, I have seen him kick a dog to provoke an attack and then strangle it until is near passes out. Is that not classified as abuse?
What episode was that on?. Have a link to the video?. Not saying I doubt you but would like to see it so I can judge for myself.

Here is the whole story on how Cesar got his start.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/11/bu...rssnyt&emc=rss
__________________




Can someone please kill this flea before it jumps on Lola
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 10-22-2009, 08:56 AM
puppydog's Avatar
puppydog puppydog is offline
Tru evil has no pantyline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolas Dad View Post
What episode was that on?. Have a link to the video?. Not saying I doubt you but would like to see it so I can judge for myself.

Here is the whole story on how Cesar got his start.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/11/bu...rssnyt&emc=rss
It's on his website. The video is called something along the lines of Very dominant wolf mix or something like that.
It is a white husky mix that is leash aggressive with other dogs. He kicks the dog and it attacks him. He then strangles it until it collapses
__________________


Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site