Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-21-2009, 04:49 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I really didn't think my point would be this lost on people, but then the fact that it was only further proves the point.
Unless you've got a very different point to make than the one it appears you were making, it isn't lost on everyone - we just don't agree with it.

It seems you were saying that until any one of us posting had done something worthy of having a magazine produced about us and our ideas, then we couldn't judge the magazine. As others said, that's a bit ridiculous. That would mean there are only a handful of people out there qualified to judge just about anything being produced in the world.

If you did have a different point you were trying to make, I'm more than happy to hear it and consider it.

Old 10-21-2009, 05:40 PM
Resident fainting goat

and yes, I have met both cesar AND daddy. its very hard not to like them..
cesar is just sooo nice and daddy is just the sweetest pit ive ever met lol he asked me about my school, and my dogs and was just an overall really nice, goodlooking and friendly guy!

cesar is incredibly friendly and I honestly think he means well. do I agree with everything he does? no. but i definetly dont think hes an evil dog abuser. I think most of the issues comes from amateur people trying to mimick him..and his show does say "do not try this.. consult a proffesional"

Ya, i think the water and stuff is kind of silly. but if i was in his position.. hell, if it would sell, i would market my own dog water 2! lol

I do think some of the hate comes from people who honestly don't agree with his methods but... I think some of it is just well.. haters lol he is very successful. hes the typical rag to riches story, hes was a poor dog groomer who trained dogs and is now a highly paid, good looking, famous dog trainer with his own very popular TV show as well as his own line of everything lol
Old 10-21-2009, 05:42 PM
Top Dog

He may have helped many people , but I won't add to his wallet !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 10-21-2009, 06:15 PM
Just try me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fransheska101 View Post

I do think some of the hate comes from people who honestly don't agree with his methods but... I think some of it is just well.. haters lol he is very successful. hes the typical rag to riches story, hes was a poor dog groomer who trained dogs and is now a highly paid, good looking, famous dog trainer with his own very popular TV show as well as his own line of everything lol
He is likeable. And he is successful. But that has nothing to do with his dog training ability. He is not successful at training (if you look at even the stats the people promoting his show put out) He is successful at being a celebrity. The stuff of his that 'works' is the same stuff pretty much EVERY successful dog trainer has been saying for years before he came along. But because he is charismatic he 'gets the credit'.

If you watch his show you can see he DOES abuse dogs. Do I think he means to be abusive? No. But that doesn't make any difference to the victims.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:38 PM
overdogged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
He is likeable. And he is successful. But that has nothing to do with his dog training ability. He is not successful at training (if you look at even the stats the people promoting his show put out) He is successful at being a celebrity. The stuff of his that 'works' is the same stuff pretty much EVERY successful dog trainer has been saying for years before he came along. But because he is charismatic he 'gets the credit'.

If you watch his show you can see he DOES abuse dogs. Do I think he means to be abusive? No. But that doesn't make any difference to the victims.
this. exactly.

and while he may be exposing people to pit bulls in a positive manner in some cases, the last time i had my teeth cleaned, the only thing my hygienist could talk about (she knows i have pit bulls) was this horrible episode of the dog whisperer that her child accidentally turned on that showed two pit bulls fighting and him not being able to break them up. ugh.
and Bean FDCh-S
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 10-21-2009, 07:45 PM
Top Dog

Wow, something amazing just happened! I was trying to find the video of the sheltie that upset me so much, and happened upon a few CM videos on YouTube. I started watching THIS
YouTube - Horse & Dog Whisperers Unite
one, and my wallet flew out of my back pocket and got stuck to the computer screen!

By george, those two men together could start some amazing marketing school and teach us all how to get rich.

Quote:
I think some of it is just well.. haters lol he is very successful.
I don't know, I know a few people personally, and a lot more via the media, who went from nothing to SOMETHING, and I feel nothing but love and admiration for them. I don't think I'm that shallow of a person. I don't doubt for an instant that Daddy rocks the world; I think he's adorable. I don't doubt that Cesar thinks he's doing things right. Would you chase that cute new boy of yours into a corner with something that scared him? Would you put a collar and leash on him and yank him into the pool just because you wanted him to swim?

Old 10-22-2009, 02:06 AM
Plus One

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
Wow, something amazing just happened! I was trying to find the video of the sheltie that upset me so much, and happened upon a few CM videos on YouTube. I started watching THIS
YouTube - Horse & Dog Whisperers Unite
one, and my wallet flew out of my back pocket and got stuck to the computer screen!

By george, those two men together could start some amazing marketing school and teach us all how to get rich.
Of course because together they can charge more
Old 10-22-2009, 05:23 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fransheska101 View Post

and yes, I have met both cesar AND daddy. its very hard not to like them..
cesar is just sooo nice and daddy is just the sweetest pit ive ever met lol he asked me about my school, and my dogs and was just an overall really nice, goodlooking and friendly guy!

cesar is incredibly friendly and I honestly think he means well. do I agree with everything he does? no. but i definetly dont think hes an evil dog abuser. I think most of the issues comes from amateur people trying to mimick him..and his show does say "do not try this.. consult a proffesional"

Ya, i think the water and stuff is kind of silly. but if i was in his position.. hell, if it would sell, i would market my own dog water 2! lol

Fran, I have seen him kick a dog to provoke an attack and then strangle it until is near passes out. Is that not classified as abuse?

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 10-22-2009, 08:52 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydog View Post
Fran, I have seen him kick a dog to provoke an attack and then strangle it until is near passes out. Is that not classified as abuse?
What episode was that on?. Have a link to the video?. Not saying I doubt you but would like to see it so I can judge for myself.

Here is the whole story on how Cesar got his start.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/11/bu...rssnyt&emc=rss

Can someone please kill this flea before it jumps on Lola
Old 10-22-2009, 08:56 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolas Dad View Post
What episode was that on?. Have a link to the video?. Not saying I doubt you but would like to see it so I can judge for myself.

Here is the whole story on how Cesar got his start.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/11/bu...rssnyt&emc=rss
It's on his website. The video is called something along the lines of Very dominant wolf mix or something like that.
It is a white husky mix that is leash aggressive with other dogs. He kicks the dog and it attacks him. He then strangles it until it collapses

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/