Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 10-22-2009, 02:26 AM
woop

OK. OK. I'm sorry to keep reviving this old thread, but this is ridiculous. Pit was to get his titre test done in less than a week where I was going to ask about his teeth. I was going to ask what to do to make them stronger -- ask why they're breaking. Of course he wouldn't let me wait that long! Oh no.

Pit went and broke his upper 4th premolar to ****, pardon my french.

Most of the surface shattered off and he cracked it straight up the middle. All chips and cracks extend right up into the gumline to make it extra special.

Just.. argh. I'll be calling the vet in the morning while I'm at work to see if I can get in as soon as possible. Maybe since I caught it right away the tooth can be saved for a small fortune.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:44 AM
The Littlest Hound

I'm curious about this as well - my 6 year old female Plott was 4.5 when we got her, and one of her (molars?) was broken off flat to her gumline. My vet said not to worry about it, it doesn't bother her at all, it's just broken. Then recently (like a little over a month ago?) she cracked a canine in half horizontally and then vertically up into her gumline. It was wiggling in 2 different directions and had to be surgically removed. I've always wondered if she just had weak teeth, as, much like the above poster's dog, she never plays or chews excessively on anything...

I'll be interested to see what your vet says!

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CH CCH CA 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage OFA Hips: Good

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug (5/2004 - 3/2014)
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)