Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-07-2009, 01:13 PM
Yorkie Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
Leashes and collars are in a basket by the door. Her toys are in a basket in the living room. Her food is in the closet in the bag it came in. Treats are in containers in the kitchen. Her meds are in the bathroom medicine cabinet. Her paperwork is with all our important paperwork, in the file box.

Honestly? It doesn't make sense to me to put all this stuff together. Her toys are in the room where we play with them, her leashes are by the door where we use them for easy access. Treats and food are near where we feed her or practice training. Meds are only given once a month (flea/tick/heartworm), so it doesn't make sense to take up counter space with them in the kitchen--I hide them in the bathroom.

I'm all about easy access and practicality.

ditto.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Fila Love

I keep two leashes in the trailblazer in case of emergency, like the house catches on fire and we have to run outside.

Two toy boxes, Brutie's is in the family room, and Cleo's is in the study with us. She digs in hers a lot more than Brutie does.

Dog blankies are in the study. I bought them child size sleeping bags, they fit inside little back packs that came with them, perfect if we get evacuated.

All other dog stuff is kept in a cabinet in my laundry room.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:25 PM
Top Dog

I'm semi-organized.

All pertinent registration/health/etc stuff is in a three ring binder, all paperwork in sleeves.

Leashes, collars, harnesses, etc are scattered around the house. Tracking gear stays in my car mostly. Always a bowl in there, often times water too.

Right now there's a bag o' dog stuff on Buzz's crate. It was moved from on top of the file cabinet when company came.

Toys are scattered around the house, we tried to have toy boxes but... hah.

I do know where just about everything is, and there's a big tub o' animal stuff in the basement too.
ARCH URO1 UCD Buzz NAC NCC S-NJC O-TN-N TG-N WV-N RL2 RLVX RN ThD CGC
Old 10-07-2009, 01:34 PM
Top Dog

His food is in the freezer.

He doesn't have any bowls.

His toys are outside.

His leash is on the bench downstairs.

His grooming stuff is wherever I left it.

I don't need a pet organizer, and ditto Fran, if I need containers I get tupperware.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:50 PM
Top Dog

I have a plastic tub on pantry shelf for meds etc., tub in garage with brushes etc , Dog food in garage , toys in wicker basket , collars and leashes hung on pegs on doorway to garage . Dog treats on counter in doggy jar . BTW. The tubs are from hospital visits .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 10-08-2009, 02:00 AM
BusterLove

I have nail clippers, leashes, toys, training bag + clicker, food, brushes, treats, shampoo, conditioners, supplements, bowls, crate, bed etc.

Bowls live in teh kicthen, toys are in a box in the loungeroom, bed ins in crate in my room. Everything else is in my "Buster Cupboard" in the laundry. His kibble is kept in a plastic box in there, I have a small set of draws, one draw is his treats, the other is his grooming stuff, the third is his meds draw (fleas/worms etc) everything else just kinda sits on the shelves in the cupboard.

Old 10-08-2009, 02:41 AM
Will Work for Kibble

Quote:
Originally Posted by alter5ego View Post

1. List all the pet products/supplies you own currently.

Capone's got more junk than I do. I'm feeling very discouraged at the moment about making an itemized list... I'll try to include them as I go if I can remember.

2. Where do you keep all the pet products/supplies? (food, treats, toys, leash, meds, documents, etc)

Food: Fridge/Freezer.
Treats: Fridge.
Toys: his donut (tiger-striped ring thing) is in the toolbox of the truck, tiny donut on a shelf in garage for impromptu play in backyard, plastic basketball dumbbell (clearance) toy is carefully hidden under his poufy in his crate, I think he stashed a ball in my closet, and what remains of the 'indestructable' black kong got thrown away ten minutes ago after finding it in the dark with my pinkie toe and lots of potty mouth.

Anyway, where was I?
Ah - Leash: traffic lead by the front door, footlong leather lead and superlong nylon by the back door, backup in floorboard in the back of the truck, another backup in the toolbox of the truck. Meds: worm preventative (all year) and 'bug juice' (seasonal) are next to my meds in the kitchen cabinet. Documents are in the file safe. Emergency stuff in case I'm not around and boyfriend goes braindead: on fridge. In bold print, no less.

3. Is there a specific type of organizer you use to keep all these?

Everything else pertaining to him is stuffed in a massive canvas tote. *shrug* At least I know where to find it when I need it. The list on the fridge has "important stuff" and it's location.

4. What are some the issues you have when keeping your pet products organized?

Nil, thus far.

5. describe you ideal organizer for pet product/supplies.

Thus far, my screwball system hasn't failed me, and it's routine. I wouldn't change it if you paid me.

6. (Optional) Lastly, Id appreciate if you could upload or send me some pictures of where and how you keep your pet products .
(email : [email protected])

No existing pics, so I chose to omit this one.

If you want, Ill keep you updated on my project!
Thanks for you time

Jiana

FWIW, good pet owners are a tough market.... They'd rather have the spare cash than an 'organizer' that eventually takes up space in the basement. The idea of a singular place for all of my dog's stuff sounds like a PIA. Take heed!
Old 10-08-2009, 03:16 AM
Mainstreme Elitist

Leashes hang by the door, extra collars are kept in a stocking that permanently hangs also by the door. Toys are in a toy box in my room. Preventatives, shampoos, etc are kept in the cupboard in my room. Grooming supplies are in the same stocking as the extra collars. There's some random stuff that's kept in a box on top of Upendi's crate. Really keeping all their stuff in one place isn't that appealing. I like to keep it where it's easily accessible for whatever purpose it serves.

And quite honestly, I could pick up set of plastic drawers that would work pretty well for that at the dollar store for pretty cheap.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet