Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-05-2009, 09:45 PM
<----Thanks Allie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
Obviously some vets offices do have the time, mine also call for follow ups (as in how is Solo feeling today). I love my vets not only cause they are great people (all the people in the office are fantastic), reasonably priced, they also really really care about their clients. They go that extra mile, and I really appreciate it.

Yes it might be my responsibility to remember, but I love it when they call to remind me of an upcoming booked appt.
This is pretty much how I feel. And when I asked if they could add me to the surgery call list bc I know I will somehow forget, they said no.

Also IMO when I'm paying for their services, I feel that should include a reminder.... ESPECIALLY if I explicity request one.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:50 PM
swimming upstream

my vet office does not make confirmation calls.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:04 PM
ACoops favorite

Our vet calls to confirm...sometimes multiple times.

They are a large hospital...I do not think they are large enough to have an emergency vet though...

They are also a boarding facility, so perhaps that is why they call to confirm.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:43 PM
Love My Mutt <3

My vet calls to confirm. They also mail us letters when the pets are do for something (shots, check-ups, etc..) Heck, I even got a letter when Rosey turned 8 or 9 saying that she is now considered a senior, and what new tests they suggest to make sure she is healthy -- and stays that way. They also call to ask how the pet is doing after a few days, either if the pet went in for an illness or if they got vaccines. They want to make sure that you're dog is fine. After an animal goes through surgery or if there was a major problem with the pet, they call in a couple days to go over everything they told you and make sure you remember to be giving any meds. They know how many meds they gave you, and if the pet needs a refill, they call to remind you to get it refilled. Honestly, they call about every little detail, which I love. They go that extra mile to make sure that they're clients are happy and healthy or getting healthy, and that means a lot to me. It just really shows that they care.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 10-05-2009, 11:48 PM
Resident fainting goat

My vet calls to confirm the day before.

we also get those things in the mail "Kenya is due for her Rabies shot" kind of thing

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:06 AM
orange iguanas.

My vet doesn't call.

We get reminder cards mailed to us though and I noticed that when my cat, Jinx, turned 7 years old, the cards had added to them "all pets over the age of 7 get tested for glaucoma and an EKG blah blah."

I don't mind that they don't call though. Vet appointments seem to be the one thing that I'm very aware of. For things that I don't think I'll remember though, not only do I write it on a calendar but I also put an alarm for it in my phone and add a sticky note on my computer. The clinic I go to though doesn't have many employees (I think at any given time, there's just the 1 vet and 2, MAYBE 3, techs there) so I'd imagine they're too busy doing other things to give everyone a call.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 10-06-2009, 08:16 AM
Active Pup

My vet, like my doctor and dentist, makes reminder calls. In my case, the calls really aren't necessary, as I have several calendars on my fridge. I do, however, appreciate the the calls - especially if they're going to charge for a missed appointment.

I am a bit surprised that there isn't a service for vets, doctors, dentists, auto shops, etc. to use that would all allow them to upload a file of names, phone numbers, and appointment times, and then have a computerized system automatically call and read a reminder message. My library does something like that when a book I've reserved is ready to be picked up, and UPS does something like that the day before they're going to deliver a C.O.D. shipment.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:41 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Yes. They also follow up and ask how my dogs are doing and send the little "due for shots" cards. I absolutely love my vet.