Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > Forum Help and Information

Old 10-04-2009, 09:19 AM
Felurian

Exclamation Regarding Signature Links

There have been questions lately about what kind of links are okay in signatures.

If you have a website, whether it's a product, blog, personal, commercial, information, etc., it's fine to put it in your signature.

Make it normal sized, not some ginormous, garish nonsense. Not only is it distracting and annoying, you'll defeat your purpose. Few Chazzers are going to respond to something like that, especially from someone we don't know yet.

And, coming in and posting gratuitous little one liners that aren't really participating actively won't get you any customers here. Members tend to mentally tag those as spam and will actively avoid your site.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-04-2009, 01:21 PM
Very Food Agressive

Practice what you preach or keep your mouth shut.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:43 PM
Top Dog

Well I am glad that this site allows a link in a signature. There is one other board that I will not mention the name of that site but it only allows links from certain people. I had a link in my sig there and it was removed along with a PM telling me no signatures allowed. With that in mind I went through quite a few other signatures of people and responded to the PM with the names of each and everyone I found that had a link in the signature. The PM was never replied to and the other people that had links continued to have them.

So again bravo for this board for not only allowing them but allowing whoever wants to have one to do so and not just a select few.

Can someone please kill this flea before it jumps on Lola
Old 10-04-2009, 01:46 PM
:( only one :(

All my dogs pictures are linked to their dogster page, you can't tell till you click on them. :P

I've been here for 4 years now, with the same signature...it's time for a new one.

Thank you for the update, Renee!
Old 10-05-2009, 08:33 AM
Felurian

Fair's fair, and besides, a community like this only becomes stronger as we network with each other

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-04-2010, 09:42 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
There have been questions lately about what kind of links are okay in signatures.

If you have a website, whether it's a product, blog, personal, commercial, information, etc., it's fine to put it in your signature.

Make it normal sized, not some ginormous, garish nonsense. Not only is it distracting and annoying, you'll defeat your purpose. Few Chazzers are going to respond to something like that, especially from someone we don't know yet.

And, coming in and posting gratuitous little one liners that aren't really participating actively won't get you any customers here. Members tend to mentally tag those as spam and will actively avoid your site.
Added to this, signature spam of this description WILL be fair game for whatever antic takes the fancy of the moderators at the moment.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Wookie Collie

Having signature links within reason is just awesome. I love that I can network with other businesspeople here, and Chazzers are easily my best and most awesome customers. I love you guys. <3

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 09-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Show Dog

Just testing siggy
Old 11-17-2012, 08:19 AM
Aussie Obssessed

That's one thing I liked about this forum, I can link to my kennel in my signature and also by doing so help to show what responsible breeding looks like!