Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2009, 07:49 PM
PoodleMommy PoodleMommy is offline
Yorkie Love
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,443

Well I guess he did have a problem, the vet called back and said he will not do the test I asked for, which is just another urine test but looking for a specific protein in the urine... he says it is not necessary, so he wont do it... Kind of makes me change my opinion of him but I dont really know what to do or where to go from here.

I mean if I am paying for it I dont see the harm in just doing it for me... its only a matter of sending the urine out for me, its not some major procedure.

Its soo frustrating because I really feel like something is wrong with her and the vet refuses to take it seriously, UGH!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 07:54 PM
Grab's Avatar
Grab Grab is offline
Top Dog
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,370

If a vet were refusing to run a noninvasive test, I'd probably go to another vet for a different opinion. I can see not doing something invasive if a vet feels there's nothing wrong, but refusing to send out a urine sample seems ridiculous.

At the very least, I'd feel uncomfortable enough with my vet after something like that that I'd probably switch anyway.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:22 PM
BabyDane's Avatar
BabyDane BabyDane is offline
Big Dog
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 103

Ok, I work at a vet clinic and I gotta say that we even send things off for a 2nd opinion. If we feel iffy about a test result, we will send it off somewhere else. If the lab got upset with us for doing that...just plain rediculous.

If your vet gets upset that you wanted a 2nd or even a 3rd opinion...go someplace else. It would be very unprofessional for them to be mad at you. Remember, you are the client and they should give you 100% respect (unless you don't deserve it LOL).

I believe wholeheartedly that you should have a great relationship with your vet and if they get upset about something like that then there must be something wrong there.

Thats just my 0.02 about it.

"Unnatural diets predispose animals to unnatural outcomes"
Dr. Tom Lonsdale

Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:01 PM
Labyrinth's Avatar
Labyrinth Labyrinth is offline
Top Dog
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 1,260

I have to agree. If he's refusing to run a non invasive test that you are perfectly willing to pay for, I'd look for a new vet. You know your pets better than he does.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:26 PM
PoodleMommy PoodleMommy is offline
Yorkie Love
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,443

well I am glad other people agree with me... sometimes I wonder if I am just neurotic.

I totally understand a vet not wanting to do something invasive but this is sending out a urine sample, thats as non invasive as you can get, the dog is gonna pee anyway.

There WAS protein in her urine, everyone agrees on that... I want it sent out to have a lab analyze the protein, he put her on clavamox for 30 days and wants to wait and see.
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 PM.

1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site