Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 08-31-2009, 10:17 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetah View Post
I think my relationship with Shippo's breeder is very important. I like her as a breeder and as a person (although some of her ideas about training and medical I tend to disagree with but I can overlook those). She's always been supportive and is always there to this day, more than 3 years later, to answer any questions I might have. I send her updates and she passes them on to all of Shippo's litter-mates' owners, and she passes on any of their updates to me.
One day when I get a dog from a breeder, I want mine and the breeder's relationship to be like that.
That kind of relationship is INCREDIBLE.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:42 PM
Puppy Dog

Default one word...amazing

The breeder of my bcs has become a truly dear friend. She introduced me to the breed and I got my 1st girl because a mutual friend recommended me. We certainly don't see eye to eye on ALL things, but totally agree on many, including health testing and the health and happiness of the dogs. I can ask her advice on anything and she's helped me out in too many ways to mention. I've learned more from her than I can even begin to list.

I've never met the breeders of my PON face to face, but we've had some seriously long phone calls. They are also an amazing source of information and I feel I can email/call with any questions I might have.

I couldn't see myself getting a dog from someone that I didn't "click" with. A good breeder puts their heart and soul into their dogs...and you have to connect with the breeder to connect with the pup.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:22 PM
woof!

I wish I could find a breeder that could talk back at me.

I ask them about the parets, lines, titles, etc ,and they don't have interest in responding back.

Looks like is 'cause

1) I don't have alredy a dog from a breeder or had a dog with a ch title.

2) Or maybe is 'cause I'm from a tird world county.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:01 AM
Big Dog

It depends on you and the breeder, like in all human relationships. You do not have to become best friends, but trust in the process of acquiring a puppy, or an adult dog, is absolutely important.