Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Remembering Casey ♥

Yep, Mine is chipped.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:15 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

One yes, one no.

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 10-01-2009, 07:38 PM
Squishy face

Both my dogs and my cats are chipped. And the rescue I volunteer for now chips all the animals they adopt out.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 10-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Just try me..

Dekka, and Snip are chipped. I used to chip all pups I bred. Now with the link to causing cancer and the fact that so few places actually check... (not that I think the cancer thing is all that reputable) The whippets and dekklets are not chipped.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:49 PM
Top Dog

Lola is chipped. She was not when I adopted her so that was done at the same time I had her spayed. She is chipped with a Home Again chip. I get these notics in my email for lost animals from them all the time but I see two problems with the notices. The first is the lost pets are not in my area as they send me notices for pets that are lost in NYC amongst other areas. Granted I could see NYC from the bay across the street but it does not mean that the dog will swim here that is lost.

The other problem is that the people that have the pets 9 times out of 10 do not have a photo of their pet with the notice that Home Again emails out. People should have a picture of their pet as well as their child which I am sure that most parents have a picture of their child. Take one of your pet also.

Can someone please kill this flea before it jumps on Lola
Old 10-01-2009, 08:08 PM
I'm All Ears

Mine are currently not mircochipped. I can't decide if I want to yet or not.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:22 PM
Resident fainting goat

Kenya was microchipped because I adopted her

now, as a volunteer from the shelter. I urge all of you to chip your pets..

this situation happens A LOT, a dog comes into the shelter as a stray and is held for the "give the owner a chance to find them" time. and is posted on the website.. people look on the website, see this dog, and MORE THAN ONE person decides they want it and that it is 'their dog"

with a dog with a chip. this is over quickly, we check, you're name is on there or you know the number. done, you go home with your dog

otherwise.. it takes forever. pictures aren't enough, especially with purebred dogs. and while its being fought out, dogs have to sit in the shelter. both people claiming that that dog is DEFINETLY theres.. its frustrating for all involved.

tattoos, for this purpose, are also something I really really have always wanted to try. but for now.. chipping seems to be it.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:43 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Mine are currently not mircochipped. I can't decide if I want to yet or not.
Same boat I'm in. And like Elegy, I haven't done it partially because I've never had Meg under, and don't really want to do it awake. I'm actually much more inclined to tattoo - if I ever have to put her under for something, I would strongly consider it.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Just try me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fransheska101 View Post
Kenya was microchipped because I adopted her

now, as a volunteer from the shelter. I urge all of you to chip your pets..

this situation happens A LOT, a dog comes into the shelter as a stray and is held for the "give the owner a chance to find them" time. and is posted on the website.. people look on the website, see this dog, and MORE THAN ONE person decides they want it and that it is 'their dog"

with a dog with a chip. this is over quickly, we check, you're name is on there or you know the number. done, you go home with your dog

otherwise.. it takes forever. pictures aren't enough, especially with purebred dogs. and while its being fought out, dogs have to sit in the shelter. both people claiming that that dog is DEFINETLY theres.. its frustrating for all involved.

tattoos, for this purpose, are also something I really really have always wanted to try. but for now.. chipping seems to be it.
luckily all my dogs look unique enough and are 'well known' enough I am not worried. That and I would be calling all shelters etc in my area if a dog go lost.

But its the fact that many people don't look for chips.... shelters might, but I am going to call them anyway.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:49 PM
Navy Sister

Both the dogs and the cat are chipped.