Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-30-2009, 11:47 PM
Mo Wildlife Rehabber

Default A sad Goodbye :(

Well Bailey and Henry went to their new home today. they are being kept together. Stay at home mom with three kids. It was just perfect! They will be 12 weeks on monday and I just felt they were ready. House trained lil social angels. I was glad when I met this family b.c I knew the puppies would need someone home full time. And since they are used ot my lil sisters I was hoping for a home with children. and the fact they wanted them both was just heaven sent.

I have to VERY sad upset little sisters right now But they wrote letters to the puppies new owners that described EVERYTHING about Bailey and Henry. And I think they are going to be just fine.

It feels so weird without them home.

But my time is not yet done. I will be picking up a possibly pregnant Chi tomorrow. that is going to be a blur of vet bills.

Mandie
Old 10-01-2009, 07:25 AM
Top Dog

It's great you found them a home together. A lot of people usually only want to take on one dog. Are they local to where you would be able to visit occasionally?

Can someone please kill this flea before it jumps on Lola
Old 10-01-2009, 07:44 AM
Love my pets

So glad you found them a good home and together. That was nice having your sisters write letters to the new family.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:17 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

You not only found them a home you found them a perfect home!!!!!
I am so happy for both puppies to be able to stay together as well.
Can't wait to hear the Chi's story.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 10-01-2009, 01:14 PM
Mo Wildlife Rehabber

They are about an hour away so yes I can visit!

They had were looking for 2 sister pups to adopt but once they met Henry they changed their mind.

They already visited their new vet and even got some doggie cloths

The Chi is a pregnant female sadly male is almost 30 pounds. the owner is a friend of the family(kinda). Im buying land from him. Its his granddaugters dog, her boyfriend gave it to her.

ANYWAYS the man used ot breed Labs he wasnt a BYB or a puppymill he bred AKC hunting dogs. He had two females he bred once..then retired them and has had them as pets ever since. (well he only has the male left the girls died of old age)

So he knows about breeding and he knows the Chi doesnt stand a chance. So he offered for me to take her, or he is going to shoot her...b/.c in his logical farmer mind it is more humane to put her down then have her die in labor b.c he cant afford the vet bills.

Not my reasoning though thats why I am taking her this afternoon.

Mandie
Old 10-01-2009, 02:08 PM
Top Dog

A-w-w-w....such sweet pictures. I'm sorry you guys will miss them, but it does sound like they got a good home. You do good work girl! And yes, maybe you can visit them sometimes.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson