Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-19-2005, 07:23 PM
yuckaduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerRiot
Thats gotta feel good for you as well, seeing your hard work pay off on your baby

Congradulations!

I'm just getting Riot into a walking and jogging routine, hes a little ball of energy now! lol We actually just came back from a walk/jog at the conservation area and hes out cold in his crate sleeping lol
It is amazing how well behaved they are when they get exercise. I played ball with him for about 40 mins and then I did a 20 min off leash lesson with him. He is so funny because when we do down he knows either come or sit is next. So when I give the command he will take one leap forward and if the command was sit he will then sit and wiggle until I give the come. He darn near knocks me flying when I say come.

He is sound asleep right now too, under my chair.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:02 PM
Kelpiefied

That all sounds wonderful Yukon. Do you still work with the behviourist? I was really glad when you called one in and they recommended such sensible methods to deal with the problem, like the girls feeding him out of their hands.
What techniques do you use for training off lead?
Old 09-19-2005, 09:12 PM
yuckaduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridey_01
That all sounds wonderful Yukon. Do you still work with the behviourist? I was really glad when you called one in and they recommended such sensible methods to deal with the problem, like the girls feeding him out of their hands.
What techniques do you use for training off lead?

Yes the behaviouralist comes once a week and starting Oct 1 is going to come once every two weeks.

Off leash training takes place in the fenced 2 acre yard only and I give the command verbal and/or hand signal and he does it. I say good boy when he does it. The first time I had to raise my voice and snap the leash back on him but not since. He is funny as heck, because he lives to please. His reward is good boy and that is it same as on leash. Only when he returns inside does he get a cookie and he sits for that too. The girls feed him his breakfast all by themselves and he remains in a sit for the entire meal. Takes about 30 mins for them to alternate back and forth. He just sits and they bring it to him. They are not really able to do more than sit, and he is smart enough now to just stay sitting! His supper he gets outside on a walk, I put it in a fanny pack and he works for it, on leash on our big walk. He has to work for each kibble, sit/down/stay/heel. He knows now that he gets nothing unless he is quiet and sitting.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:17 PM
Top Dog

aww yay for yukon! congrats on his amazing progress!

Thanks Jessie!