Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-06-2005, 10:15 AM
Top Dog

Default Can anyone explain this

About a week ago I got up late at night to go potty. When I was getting back into bed I kind of kicked what felt like a food dish which was just slightly under the bed. It sounded as if it had food in it. At the time I was thinking only of going back to sleep so I ignored it. Next morning I went to feed Princess her breakfast and the dish was gone! I finally remembered feeling a dish under the bed in our room. Sure enough laying on the floor was now her empty bowl. We didnt think much of it, just figured she was wanting a midnight snack so hid it. But every day since I find her food dish in our bedroom. What she does is wait for us to leave the kitchen, get busy with other things then she will carry her bowl into the bedroom to eat. What she doesnt eat she will save for late at night. I cant figure out why she thinks she needs to eat in the bedroom! Any thoughts on this one?
Old 01-06-2005, 10:52 AM
Felurian

How funny! My Mom had a cat that would grab a bag of that individually pouched cat food every night and carry it upstairs to the bedroom, jump up on the end of the bed and open it and eat it while watching late night television. We came home late one night, not realizing CJ was out of his midnight snacks, and found him on the corner of the bed with a loaf of bread he'd dragged upstairs.

Your dog may like to eat in the bedroom because it's quiet and there's a place to hide her food until she wants to come back to it. It's actually a good thing that she likes to graze instead of gobble.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-06-2005, 11:37 AM
Top Dog

What a riot! I love those two stories. Very cute and interesting!
Old 01-06-2005, 11:49 AM
I may bite... grrr!

That is funny .

My parents do used to pick a certain ammount of food from it's bowl from the kitchen and then carry it throught to the next room and eat it in a certain area and she'd do this until she had enough food or she had finished the bowl, which is kinda strange.

I guess it's just something they do or that they prefer to eat their food alone or in a quiet place where they can't be distrubed. Other than that's it's strange and i have no real reason why your dog does that or why my parents dog does what it does
Old 01-06-2005, 12:48 PM
Top Dog

Brady used to carry his plastic bowl every where. I he would bring it into the living room and drop it and look at me, even if he had already eaten, and he is not a dog who imeediately eats anyway, he likes to take his time, so I think he was just doing it to drive me insane. He still has that one outside and he still brings it from the patio to under his gazebo after he eats his food out of it. (you think he's trying to train me?) I have stainless steel ones now inside that are in a stand so that he can reach them better now that he is so big. He leaves those alone, but now he brings mouthfuls of food into the living room and drops thme on the carpet. I can never win with that one!
Old 01-06-2005, 01:12 PM
Top Dog

Sounds like my dog isnt the only one with odd eatting habits! The very first time I ever seen her do something like this was a month ago I sat on the end of the bed eatting a cookie while I was watching tv. The next night when she was given a treat she took it straight to the bed. I thought she was doing this because she seen me eatting there and figured its ok. But now its her entire food dish full of food. Quite funny.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:54 PM
Big Dog

When I feed my two boys I separate the bowls from each other and Cidney will sit next to his bowl, not eat anything while watching Scooter eat everything in his own bowl. I think Cidney likes to do this to taunt Scooter, like "I still have my food and you dont, hahaha". Of course Scooter hangs around Cidneys full bowl of food with an expression on his face as if he was cheated. Cidney looks for ways to have the upper hand over Scooter and its mostly with food. Scooter is twice Cidneys size so Cidney looses when it comes to them fighting for toys so Cidney has gotten smart about what he can win at - food!