Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-19-2005, 02:06 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
But, when I see, lets say a dobe, with a natural tail and ears - I can't help but think that his owner must really love him.
Well, of course they really love them. Who couldn't love a Doberman? ROFLOL! I'd love one just the same too. They're still the Cadilac of the dog breeds IMO. I would be worried about the tail getting injured though. Lyric wags his ferociously. It's a darn good thing it's kept out of the way of hard surfaces. He would have suffered unbelievable pain and possibly permenant injury, possible amputation.... by this time.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:13 PM
Top Dog

Not to be annoying or anything, but we already had a debate about this a few weeks ago... Why another?

http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8322
Old 09-19-2005, 02:15 PM
user not active

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv
Well, of course they really love them. Who couldn't love a Doberman? ROFLOL! I'd love one just the same too. They're still the Cadilac of the dog breeds IMO. I would be worried about the tail getting injured though. Lyric wags his ferociously. It's a darn good thing it's kept out of the way of hard surfaces. He would have suffered unbelievable pain and possibly permenant injury, possible amputation.... by this time.

Interesting gives me an idea.

Id rather think of a Dobe as being a high end BMW M5
Rottie as a S500 Mercedes.
CO as being a T-92 Tank.

someone should make a thread with analogies of breeds with moving land based transports
Old 09-19-2005, 02:40 PM
Top Dog

What I find strange is the difference between the UK and the US, here in the UK no dog no matter what breed can be shown with cropped ears, and personally i like this rule, I am not against docking but at least this is done at 3-5 days but cropping is done when the pups are older and I have seen a lot of dogs on different forums with what looks like a plant pot on their head, now this must drive the dog nuts!
Old 09-19-2005, 03:06 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

my miniature schnauzer had a docked tail (obviously ) I loved it when she wagged her tail really fast lol her whole bum would shake

I have seen dog and cat alike get their tail cut off after they knocked something over and it came down on their tails. When I was young my dads friend had a cat and while they were out the cat somehow knocked over a speaker and it came down and amputated half of her tail. They came home to blood everywhere and a little piece of tail under the speaker very sad.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney