Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 09-13-2009, 02:59 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet molosser View Post
WOW I know now with last comments
I can bring back the Capt from the dead to make it a fact for you.
Showing you what GSD he created was supposed to be.
And it wont make a difference you guys wont care.

So no reason to bother talking any more.
Excerpts from ancestral research
There was a diverse variety of other European breeds, and it is still possible to find descendants of some of these early working dogs. Among them is a type known as the German Collie, or by its colloquial name 'German Coolie' or 'Coulie'. In von Stephanitz's book The German Shepherd in Word and Picture (1925), there is mention that Australian graziers were sufficiently impressed with German sheepdogs to import some.
These dogs would almost certainly have been crossed with local dogs, among which could have been the Border Collie. von Stephanitz's classic work covered all manner of German sheepdogs. Among them were what he called the 'tiger-spotted sheepdog' that could be found in several provinces of Germany.

Take this trouble for me: Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim.''
Rittmeister Captain Max von Stephanitz [1864 - 1936]

GSDs still do WORK lol no, they dont work the same way they would in 1864 but they do SO MUCH

GSDs have excelled at basically every dog sport/work. they have done SO MUCH as a breed. police work, search and rescue work, service dog work and so much more

he would probably look at this breed today and be PROUD, because although there is bad, there is SO MUCH GOOD.

Im not saying that all GSDs are perfect, of course they aren't. but they aren't "MESSED UP" as a breed either

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:03 PM
Not a lurker

PM, you take what you want out of everyone's posts and twist to your own agenda.

FACT: You can't post a FACT based on your opinion but I"ll help you there...

FACT: You quote out of a book written close to 100 years ago, certainly some things have changed for the better and worse.

Here's some FACT for you:
ATTS - American Temperament Test Society, Inc. - ATTS Breed Statistics - page 4
GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG 2929 2,452 477 83.7%

OUT of 2929 dogs temperament tested, 2, 452 passed, 477 FAILED...passing rate of 83.7%.

So, your 1/1000...BS. Technically this is saying that out of every 1000 dogs, 837 will pass a temperament test.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:06 PM
CASSA

The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one" ...
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
[B[/B].

Last edited by planet molosser; 09-13-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:08 PM
Remembering Casey ♥

Quote:
I said I was done but what the.

If I prove that their are more GSD messed up by posting stats ref pics video rescue news stries it will hurt the breed,
Why dont you guys PROVE its not true that would be good for the breed.I dont need to prove it the math does itself.
Its already been done

I dont see how that math did itself.. If it did then its seriously warped..
Old 09-13-2009, 03:10 PM
CASSA

You have over 7000 GSD on pet finder alone
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
[B[/B].
Old 09-13-2009, 03:16 PM
CASSA

I just got a call from a GSD person/ here on Chaz who has asked me to stop posting since it is going to cause harm for the breed. He stated any real GSD breeder understood what has happened to the breed and are trying to correct it. But this will not help them. So I am REMOVING some stuff if i can.

I am comfortable with my knowledge I will let others have the last word.
[B[/B].
Old 09-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Not a lurker

Old 09-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
I just got a call from a GSD person/ here on Chaz who has asked me to stop posting since it is going to cause harm for the breed. He stated any real GSD breeder understood what has happened to the breed and are trying to correct it. But this will not help them. So I am REMOVING some stuff if i can.

I am comfortable with my knowledge I will let others have the last word.
on that note. you might want to take your number off, just for safety reasons lol i know im such a worry wart but still, i always worry. commercials and spammers find numbers on the internet and use them for all sorts of madness

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:27 PM
CASSA

I have caller ID block I picked up tel on screen from TV from a kennel name.
So thanks.
For MR GSD please do NOT post what you wanted to I appreciate the offer.
But If you do you will just start it up again.
Please let it die . Thank you and I look fwd to meeting you next weekend pls bring that dog you sent to me.. I want to meet him - Breeders like you are the reason the GSD will live forever.
[B[/B].