Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Grooming Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2009, 07:32 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fransheska101 View Post
details details!! lol
Haha. Forevr papillons has a good article and so does the PCA. I like the PCA's better. Both are about show dogs but you can make it work for pet dogs easily. (Just ignore clipping the whiskers and stuff)

GROOMING & TRIMMING THE PAPILLON

Basically... pin brush for the coat, fine tooth comb for the ears. Trim between the pads and around the foot with some grooming scissors. They're supposed to have a 'hare foot' which means you leave the hair on top of the foot long and kind of cut the foot hair into a point. It's not clipped close like most breeds. From the hock down on the back, I trim and clean up with thinning shears. Also from the ankle down on the front. Then I take thinning shears and just clip once or twice the tuft on top of the foot. Sometimes I shape the feathering on the butt and legs some, most the time not. Sometimes I do a sanitary trim too. They're really an easy groom. I don't take them to the groomers as I know so many people that took their paps to the groomers to find the ear fringe has been trimmed some. That's really not good.

But there are better instructions up there, lol! I'm actually going to groom the two now. Summer's getting big feet. Mia doesn't really need it but she needs to be okay with feet touching.