Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-05-2005, 08:19 PM
Felurian

Yeah, I got rid of mine for lots of reasons, too, but the fact that he didn't like animals really didn't help his case any. I still think he took my Tessa-cat off somewhere and dumped her. I couldn't find her in the house for several days, then he told me he'd found her body and buried her next to one of the flower beds - but there was no dirt disturbed!

Charley, on the other hand, actually pays more attention to the dogs than he does to me . . .

If you need to rant, drop me an e-mail.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-05-2005, 08:56 PM
Top Dog

My hubby's sister was dating a guy that did not like dogs and she has a MASTIFF. I kept telling her to get rid of him (I mean how can an animal lover and a non animal lover live in the same house?) She eventually did get rid of the guy for several reasons. So now she is marrying a great guy who loves her and her mastiff!
Old 01-05-2005, 09:09 PM
Felurian

Maybe someone needs to set up an internet matchmaking site based on what kind of pets you have!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-05-2005, 09:23 PM
Top Dog

I didnt have a dog at the time I met my husband, only my cat. The thing that won me over was my cat took to him as if he'd known him all his life and he never acted that way around other people! I figured if my cat thinks he's ok then he deserves a chance.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:27 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
AND realise that I don't HAVE to be in a relationship with someone. I have my dog and my apartment.
AND YOU HAVE YOURSELF!

VIOLA!!!![U]

Being alone with just my 4 dogs for a couple of years after dumping ex-narcissist b.f. was the BEST thing that ever happened to me. You get soooooo strong in yourself and you're free as a bird.....Wonderful feeling! Don't ever let anyone hamper the freedom to live your life or love of animals. Fight that wishy washy stuff. If it's worth saving, then work the problem. If not, then make a clean break and work on yourself.

The old, wise woman has spoken. LOL.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:02 PM
Felurian

As I was standing out in the middle of the muddy pasture helping Charley unwind a skein of barbed wire, I realized the only time I've ever really been treated like a woman - perfume, candles, wonderfully scented bed linens, sitting propped up on the feather bed literally in the midst of a dozen fluffy pillows drinking a mug of international coffee, reading a fascinating book, music I loved on the CD player, with my critters sprawled out peacefully around me was when I had no man in my life. My nails were done, my hair was trimmed and styled regularly, my house was clean . . .

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-05-2005, 10:25 PM
Puppy Dog

awwww, you gals are GREAT! Thanks.

My bf loves Maiven or at least I thought he did. We just had a lot of issues that were really bothering me. He's a bit older (52 this month) and I'm 37 and I guess he's rather set in his ways on certain things. We've been breaking up and then getting back together a little more frequently now ..I think I need to be alone for a while. Take time to really work on my classes at school.

Thanks for listening.....
Old 01-05-2005, 11:11 PM
Felurian

At least you won't have any custody battles! Charley and I have remarked that we HAVE to stay together - we'd kill each other over the dogs. Although I think I could make a pretty good case for them living with me, lol! The girls really would love my big bed piled up with two featherbeds, a down comforter and mountains of pillows. How long those featherbeds and pillows would last with these Amazons would be another matter . . .

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian