I can't believe what happened to us today. My husband was home with Chili this morning while I did some volunteer work, and he began smelling exhaust fumes in our house like those coming from a vehicle. The garage of one of our neighbors is right next to the right side of our house. He discovered that these neighbors were running their vehicle inside the garage with the door closed! He had the neighbor turn the vehicle off, but after about an hour our carbon monoxide detector went off. We had carbon monoxide levels in our house that were more than double those that can harm a person! I thank goodness my husband was home to get Chili out of the house, or she probably wouldn't be with us anymore. I don't understand what possessed these individuals to run their vehicle in an enclosed building and put our lives into danger, but I am so thankful that we had the detector to let us know that life-threatening carbon monoxide was in our home.