Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2009, 03:54 PM
Top Dog

So have you found one yet? Yes Jasper was used to cats, we had two for the longest time... he was always really gentle with them (my Siamese used to rub her face on his nose... she's more scared of Tips though).

Just make sure you put the litterbox away from the dog... he absolutely loved eating stuff in there... I use pine litter too, I switched to it a month ago after years of using clay and I'm hooked. Doesn't smell half as bad either.

I've always free fed the cats with kibble and they got cans once or twice a day. Now we only have my Siamese left and she reminds me loudly when it's time for her wet food. I think she really mostly eats that now really (Innova evo).

For the cat toys, I admit I haven't bought any in years because between the dogs and the kids, they'd probably be destroyed or eaten in no time. She used to be an inside/outside cat until we moved, so I bought her a cat tree for here, but she really spends most of her time sleeping or zooming up and down the stairs anyway. Still not sure she'll be an inside or inside/outside cat when we move again... she's not too happy inside anymore and keeps waking us up at night now.